It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2011, 06:23 PM   #1
(male)

iz2insane HB User
Need off meds

I am a recovering drug addict/alcoholic with 14 years sobriety.

I just resigned from my job. my mental health issues and PTSD from prior sexual abuse got to the point of drug abuse. The PTSD makes me lose a lot of time where I know nothing that happens have been in therapy 2 times a week andsee psych doc once a month.
I need off all my meds ASAP----I take
Prozac 80mg
Lunesta total 6mg
propanalol 10mg tid
seroquel 200mg
Neurontin 300mg
metfrmin 500 bid
victoza 1.8 ml
lovaza 4 tabs qd
lipitor 40

I have anxiety, have been tod by a mini intervention that my behavior is erratic, Right now I want to get some dope and booze and hide out in a hotel in another city.

Now to my questions----these meds are not working. I need off all these meds. I don't know where to seek help because I have no confidence, I can't do this myself. I don't even know if the hospitals will focus on. I need off all these meds. I do have good insurance.
Any thoughts or ideas----sometimes I think I know too much about the system.
Any idesa on hospitals in USA.
Im begging for help.................

Last edited by Administrator; 10-26-2011 at 06:15 PM.

Old 10-23-2011, 03:15 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

flamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB User
Re: Need off meds

Hello. In regards to getting off of your meds, can you get in contact with the doctor(s) who prescribed them to you? I would expect any good GP would be able to devise a plan for you to safely come off of these meds and advise you if you experience withdrawal symptoms. I don't have much experience with the different hospitals in USA so I'm unable to make any recommendations in that regard.

Have you told your therapist and psych doctor about your <destructive thoughts and behavior> and your desire to relapse with alcohol and drugs? If not, I think telling them may make it easier for them to recommend a medication that could work for you. Another possibility could be to go inpatient while you get off of these meds and to ensure you don't hurt yourself in the meantime.

Last edited by Administrator; 10-26-2011 at 06:02 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread