It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2011, 04:17 PM   #1
(female)

foxibren HB User
sometimes i really get angry

i suffer with lupus..osteoperosis,irritable bowels,thyroid disease,gastrointestinal reflux...and depression...for the last few weeks i get so angry...i also am on a lot of medication ...can you tell me where the source of the anger is..bren

Last edited by Administrator; 11-11-2011 at 12:36 PM.

Old 11-10-2011, 11:16 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: sometimes i really get angry

Hi bren..complicated question, not an easy one to answer.

I can relate to you, I have lots of health issues...depression as well.

You have very complex health issues, and it's difficult to get things working together without causing emotional issues in the process.

I dealt with my "issues" through therapy, and it helped me with the tools to realise my thought processes and patterns and how they relate to my behaviour.

Now...do I still get angry??? YES!! To the point where lashing out seems so satisfying. BUT...that's usually because things have gotten so overwhelming and I don't have the ability to deal with everything without anxiety and depression taking over.

There are lots of forums on this site that you should read and see ifyou connect.

I want to add that some medications can exacerbate our emotions, causing agitation, muddled thinking, and a list of other stuff that can cause a snowball effect in trying to deal with stuff.

Do you have good family support? Good friends support?
Do you have access to counselling in order to help you cope?

Do you have good doctors?

Are you working? Do you have a good schedule or a chaotic one?

ARe you proactive in your care.....meaning understanding what's going on, what meds you're taking and the possible side effects?

Taking one day at a time, having lots of options available, learning coping methods, having good supports/connections....the list is long.

Like I said....complicated.
q

Last edited by quincy; 11-10-2011 at 11:20 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-11-2011, 07:21 AM   #3
(female)

foxibren HB User
Re: sometimes i really get angry re...thankyou

i do take lots of meds...and sometimes life gets so overwhelming...im a fighter but i will look at the other threads...i also find that i take in things ...like im not sure today if im depressed because its rememberance day or because christmas is coming...i do know one thing when my father died my heart went with him;;;i did celebrate christmas and other holidays with my son when he was young but he is nolonger young he is a man now...i just want to pinpoint where it is all coming from ..;thankyou so much for the info..brenda

Old 11-21-2011, 02:59 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

WhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB User

Have your thyroid levels retested and make sure you are on the correct dosage of hormone.When my meds were too high it caused me severe anger and depression constantly.I was flying off the handle at every little thing.

Old 11-26-2011, 09:31 PM   #5
(female)

someone2talk2me HB Usersomeone2talk2me HB User

Hi!

I also have lupus and I go through soooo many different emotions in a "day" its unbelievable. I am starting to believe I have a personality disorder, emotion disorder , or something in that area. I get angry alot and I'm usually pretty aware of why I'm so angry . Although I have also been on different medicine at times that cause certain moods to happen so I think you should try to write down everytime you feel mad and immediately jot down what you think caused it , if the same things happen after reading over them that could help you deal with it more better. Also, pay attention as to if you get mad shortly after taking your medicine , it could be the medicine. I have to try to figure things out like this also because my anger has been happening ever since I was a teenager. It's only gotten worse as other problems have invaded my life . I'm up and down with my personality and my emotions. Also try seeing a therapist that will listen to you so by talking to them you will probably find out whats wrong. Good luck to you, and I hope it gets better
!

Old 12-01-2011, 05:19 AM   #6
(female)

Alexa3 HB User

I have Lupus too, along with DDD, Raynauds, Psoriasis, and yes I'm emotional a lot too. I go from extreme days of energy, then I go into deep depressions. In between are some days of normal, but they too can fluctuate from irritability, to angry. I suffered child abuse from age 5-13, but I've been through therapy for that, many groups and have come to peace about it. As much as anyone can, and it leaves permanent scars that can trigger some emotion, but not enough to go through those extremes.

I can relate to what you are going through; perhaps going to your Dr and getting referred to a Psychologist might help, the very least I think they have a bit more training into mental help then general Dr's.

Closed Thread