It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2011, 03:56 PM   #1
(female)

Ri007 HB User
Cymbalta question

I just started taking Cymbalta 30mg 1 week ago for anxiety/chronic lower back pain. for the past 3 nights when I lay down to go to bed I start to get muscle spasms all over. My MD told me today to keep taking the medicine and that the spasms should decrease and go away. Has anyone else had this problem with Cybalta and did they in fact go away?

Old 12-07-2011, 10:39 PM   #2
(female)

Tori41 HB UserTori41 HB User
Re: Cymbalta question

In my knowledge, Cymbalt is primarly for depression, but it could be used for other purposes, one of which is for 'nuropathy' that is nerve-pain, including nerve-pain caused by diabetes.

It seems to me the reason why your MD rx'ed Cymbalt is your muscle-spasm originated from chronic lower back pain. However, if the spasms do not decrease even few days' usage, it must be other reason, such as Arthritis in the lower back in the spine.

For lower back pain, first of all the MD needs to examine by taking an X-ray on the spine or other tools to determine what's causing lower-back pain.

As for the Anxiety, most of cases some anti-depressants are helpful, one of which is Lexapro or similar drugs, but all depends on the severity of anxiety, in my guess because I have no firsthand experience on anxiety, only, although part of my Bipolar includes anxiety for that I take milder form of anti-depressant, a tiny dosage of Trazodone before going to the bed.

If I were you, I would seek for a second opinion if Cymbalt does not alleviate the spasms during the nites. I know it's bothersome to have spasms during nite that are detrimental to your good nite sleep.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread