It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2011, 01:57 PM   #1
(female)

pchopra HB User
Irritation and Anger- Please help!

Hello to all!

I am a 23 year old female. For the past 4 months, I've been very irritated and angry at everyone in my life. For absolutely no reason, I get emotional and sensitive and cry about everything. It's come to a point where my sudden upset-ness, anger, and irritation are now ruining all the relationships in my life. Even my fiance is fed up and is considering ending everything. I am not sure why I feel this way and I want it to stop. I am completely healthy and all my physical levels are normal (thyroid , sugar, cholesterol, RBC and WBC count etc.) I am not taking any medications besides the daily multivitamins and am completely vegetarian.

I have this whole attitude of "I don't care anymore" and when people ask why, I just reply and say "i don't know" to everything! I even get irritated when people start to talk! I just want to be away from everyone and everything, just wanting to be alone. I know this attitude is wrong and I just don't know what to do anymore. I snap at everything and everyone. It seems like everything just makes me mad.

I am a Master's student in Genetics and I've lost ALL motivation to complete it. I've lost all motivation to do anything in my life. I just feel like sitting all day at home and lying in bed and going to sleep. If I could, I could sleep for 10-12 hours a day. I am also very forgetful.

Please let me know what could be the underlying problem. I do have an appointment with my doctor soon but I would like to hear some ideas. I have thought of some incidences from my life that could make me feel this way but there has been nothing so big to cause all this irritation and anger. Please let me know what you think. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-29-2011, 10:57 AM   #2
(female)

Tori41 HB UserTori41 HB User
Re: Irritation and Anger- Please help!

As reading your detailed description, above, .... sounds like you've been experiencing either Major Depression or Bipolar II. In Major Depression, sad moods dominates most of time, but in Bipolar II which is similar to major depression, however in Bipolar II there have two different moods, depression and manic episodes.

In either case, the psychiatrist prescribes one of anti-depressants to alleviate the symptoms. In the case of Bipolar, he/she prescribes anti-psychotic med. for manic side of Bipolar and also augumention to anti-depressant.

Good side is that both major depression and Bipolar is manageable as long as the psychiatrist are capable to find a good med./med. combo. for your condition.

Old 12-29-2011, 11:18 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User
Re: Irritation and Anger- Please help!

What happened four months ago? Not some major thing, necessarily, but something like an end or beginning for example?

Closed Thread