It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2012, 09:57 AM   #1
(female)

rinemak HB User
Wellbutrin/Seizures

I have heard that seizures is a rare but potential side effect of wellbutrin. Has anyone every had a problem with this or does anyone have any information about this? My doc is recommending it but the thought of a seizure frightens me.

Old 01-13-2012, 06:53 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

flamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB User
Re: Wellbutrin/Seizures

Hello rinemak.

I took wellbutrin for a few months and I didn't experience seizures or any other side-effects. Have you talked to your doctor about your concern regarding wellbutrin?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-14-2012, 03:51 AM   #3
(female)

rinemak HB User

Yes-he was the one that told me it was a side effect, although he said it was rare. I guess I am wondering if anyone knows someone who has had that side effect from taking wellbutrin.

Old 01-18-2012, 09:53 AM   #4
(female)

Tori41 HB UserTori41 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinemak View Post
I have heard that seizures is a rare but potential side effect of wellbutrin. Has anyone every had a problem with this or does anyone have any information about this? My doc is recommending it but the thought of a seizure frightens me.
In my knowledge, Wellbutrin/bupropion gives you 'energy' particularly if your energy-level is low because of depression. It's used for even milder form of ADD, because attention span improves.

As to side-effect, 'seizure' is rare, but if you're so concerned about it, try to take VERY minimum dosage like 100 mg. per day, even cutting the pill by using a pill-splitter/cutter. Cutting/splitting is certainly not a good idea, but if you'd take it within one day, I think its efficacy does not decrease.

However, if one of family members, even a very distance cousin or uncle has seizure, then you may need to be cautious taking this med., Wellbutrin.

Closed Thread