It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2012, 11:37 AM   #1
(male)

lostinyesterday HB User
Trying, trying, trying...

I woke up today feeling better than I have felt in a pretty long while...but I'm still not great.
Something is going on with me emotionally and it causes me not to trust my own memories anymore.
It turns out that I have been a person that lies and and person that cheats, and that has been almost impossible for me to bare. But I can bare it.
It turns out that I have not been the good person that I believed myself to be, but that doesn't mean that I can't be a better person than yesterday.
I can get through today.
I believe that it is going to take me a very long time to sort out what I am actually going through. What is memory? What isn't? Why would I have them if they aren't real and why would I have not remembered them if they are?
Yesterday the doctor told me that he thinks that my memories are real and that my old ones were what I needed to believe, but this morning my brother asked me if my memories were real...which I took that to understand that maybe, he too, has had memories that he questioned and realized that they were not. I'm pretty confused.
I am not confused about what I can do today.
Today, I can be honest about everything that I am thinking and feeling.
I do not have to burden my husband with those thoughts and feeling, but I can tell at least one other person, or this board.
Today, I went to a meeting.
Today, I made the phone calls necessary to schedule my therapy.
Today, I can honor my husbands emotions and give him the space that he requires.
Today, I can eat.
Today, I will not die.
Today, I will not make any grand gestures.
Today, I will not try to control what I remember or what I feel.
Today, I will not let what I remember or what I feel define me.
Today, I will cry.
Today, I hope to laugh.
Today, I can see that feelings of grandeur (i.e. being followed or listened to) are false and have more to do with sickness than psychic.
Today, I will pray. Because it calms me and it works.

Taking a breath, I am grateful to have found this outlet. My days, right now, are spent alone and I like the idea of this internet universe to help me vent.

Thank you.

The following user gives a hug of support to lostinyesterday:
db851 (02-14-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread