It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2012, 02:06 AM   #1
(male)

mchk HB User
Unhappy feeling unreal and anxious

6 years ago, I got a fever and felt unreal afterwards.

I felt unreal when I look at any objects. Then I have got used

to this bad feeling using for more than a year.

Last week, I got a fever and felt unreal again.

I dont know what's going on so I felt very anxious and

discomfort all days.

I dont know if it a case of neural disorder or mental

problem.......

Do anyone got similar situation or solution??

Old 02-23-2012, 01:37 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

flamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB User
Re: feeling unreal and anxious

Hello mchk.

My suggestion would be to talk to your doctor about getting treated for your fever and see if this helps improve your other symptoms. Physical and mental problems can be interlinked, so when you're feeling ill you may be more prone to feeling anxious and unreal and vice versa. You may have only have to get treatment for your fever or you may have to get treatment for your fever and anxiety.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2012, 02:41 PM   #3
(female)

Emly HB User

I think you should talk to your Doctor,I hope he could give you netter answer.I would suggest you to be happy and be optimistic.It will definitely help you out and do not much tension of anything.

Old 02-25-2012, 12:34 AM   #4
(male)

mchk HB User
Unhappy Re: feeling unreal and anxious

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesabers View Post
Hello mchk.

My suggestion would be to talk to your doctor about getting treated for your fever and see if this helps improve your other symptoms. Physical and mental problems can be interlinked, so when you're feeling ill you may be more prone to feeling anxious and unreal and vice versa. You may have only have to get treatment for your fever or you may have to get treatment for your fever and anxiety.
my body temperature is now normal
but i am still feeling unreal
Moreover, I feel tired and dizzy.
It seems that when people just change the glasses they wear, feeling discomfort and unaccustomed

Old 02-25-2012, 12:43 AM   #5
(male)

mchk HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emly View Post
I think you should talk to your Doctor,I hope he could give you netter answer.I would suggest you to be happy and be optimistic.It will definitely help you out and do not much tension of anything.
I have already consulted my doctor
He said I might be too nervous
But I have tried hard to control my mood, it doesnt help at all.

Old 02-29-2012, 01:31 AM   #6
(male)

mchk HB User

anyone can help me....

it's so annoying....

Old 02-29-2012, 07:59 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

flamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB User

I think it may be worth it to give therapy and medication a try to see if that helps with establishing control over your mood. Is there any relaxing activities you can do so you feel less anxious throughout the day?

Old 02-29-2012, 08:06 AM   #8
(male)

mchk HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesabers View Post
I think it may be worth it to give therapy and medication a try to see if that helps with establishing control over your mood. Is there any relaxing activities you can do so you feel less anxious throughout the day?
perhaps I cannot do this at the moment..

because I am going to sit a very important exams 3 weeks later

Is there anything I can do in order to feel relax??

Old 02-29-2012, 12:46 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchk View Post
Is there anything I can do in order to feel relax??
I think you can; I think it's a matter of finding something that works for you. For example I like to get a professional massage as it helps to relieve the physical tension in my muscles. I also relax by taking walks, listening to calming music and writing out my feelings. Sometimes watching a favorite TV show helps to clear my mind of my stress and anxiety.

These activities may work for you or you may find something else entirely that helps to relax you.

Last edited by flamesabers; 02-29-2012 at 12:48 PM.

Old 02-29-2012, 07:00 PM   #10
(male)

mchk HB User

I have tried to listen to calming music and watch favourite TV shows, but it doesn't help much...
Worst still, I feel dizzy and disequilibrium when I walk on the street, it's so terrible.
I have consulted my Doctor, he just suggested me to do more exercises, but he didnt figure out that this is a mental problem or a neural disorder...

Old 03-01-2012, 12:21 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(male)

I think talking to a therapist may help to rule out whether it's a mental issue or not.

As far as finding a relaxing activity what are your hobbies and passions? Is there anything you like to do that clears your mind of being stressed and anxious? As I mentioned earlier, what works for me may not work for you.

Old 03-01-2012, 08:49 PM   #12
(male)

mchk HB User

Staying at home is the best solution for me. Yet I feel uncomfortable when walking on the street. I can see or listen to anything clearly, but the 'feeling' was definitely different from before...
Please tell me your solution, I am going to see my doctor again this Sat.

Old 03-02-2012, 10:14 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(male)

Is there any projects at home you would like to complete? I find cleaning and reorganizing my home relaxes me and I feel better afterwards after seeing the rewards of my efforts.

Old 03-02-2012, 03:01 PM   #14
(female)

Emly HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchk View Post
I have already consulted my doctor
He said I might be too nervous
But I have tried hard to control my mood, it doesnt help at all.
Yeah I have told you to be relax..Do you have any sort of tension financially or personally?? If yes then try to keep away from them by doing some work or whatever you like the most!

Old 03-02-2012, 06:28 PM   #15
(male)

mchk HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emly View Post
Yeah I have told you to be relax..Do you have any sort of tension financially or personally?? If yes then try to keep away from them by doing some work or whatever you like the most!
The radical problem is my unreal feeling, which makes me feel bad and anxious.
I know I am worrying about my health, so I think fixing this unreal feeling must be the best solution for me. Now I dont know whether my case a mental or neural disorder, I dont know who I can turn to...

Closed Thread