It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2012, 08:05 AM   #1
(female)

2greatsons HB User
Trying to figure it all out!!!

I'm 42 years old and have lived a life of emotional rollercoaster. When I was in my 20's I went thru horrible situtations that some were out of my control and some were not. Now that I am older I found that the ones I thought at the time were out of my control they were not I just didn't have enough life experience to notice, with saying that I dealt with them the very best that I could. I have been like a scared and wounded animal screaming running for help until now. I have went from dr to dr throughout the years when depression set in I would be giving antidepressents and sent on my way. Went to several counslers also. Antidepressents work for short period of time until they just quite and everything would recycle again and again. Now I have been diagnosed with Bipolar disorder. Most of everything I have read on bipolar it is inherited, could the PTSD caused the bipolar.

The following user gives a hug of support to 2greatsons:
jellybread (03-31-2012)
Old 03-31-2012, 09:13 PM   #2
(female)

jellybread HB Userjellybread HB Userjellybread HB User
Re: Trying to figure it all out!!!

It could, I mean I think my life experiences, the people that I grew up with the sitations, all of these negative and tramatizing and hurtful have grew me into the depressed person I am today. I am sure if I was cultivated in another healther environment, I would have turned out a better person.

I hope you feel better, and don't dwell on the past, no point in regrets or feeling guilty, there's nothing you can do about the past even though it has made you the person you are today. The only thing you can do is move on and look ahead to brighter days. I know this is easier said than done, but I for myself need to also take off this bagage that I am carrying about my past. Don't give up! I have also been on many different meds in the past 10 years, I am still working on new ones to help me because the old ones don't. You gotta keep trying, keep going We are all here in the same boat together, we will make it somehow we will, don't lose hope!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2012, 08:17 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

abeautifulmind HB User

Just because you are depressed does not mean that you have bipolar disorder. In fact it doesn't even mean that you need anti-depressants. Most likely if you are depressed you need to change what ever it is in your life that is making you depressed. Something in your life that needs to change. A pill is not going to solve all your problems. Maybe it is possible for them to help some people in some ways.... I believe that the doctors have a pill for every earthly problem when in most cases a pill is not the solution but can actually add to the problem. For example if you are depressed because you are over weight then taking an antidepressant is the last thing you want to do because it will make you gain tons of weight very fast. Which will just make you more depressed. A lot of medication just masks any feelings and simply makes you feel nothing at all. They can make you feel numb. Unable to feel happiness and excitement as well. Just a monotone emotionless life which is pretty boring if you ask me.

Old 04-01-2012, 08:32 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

abeautifulmind HB User

Most likely you were misdiagnosed with bipolar disorder for the insurance money or so that you could apply for government insurance. In my opinion most people who are diagnosed with bipolar disorder do not actually have bipolar disorder. They just diagnosed you with something for insurance reasons. It gives them an excuse to stuff you full of drugs and experiment on you. Don't be a human lab rat.

Old 04-01-2012, 08:40 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

abeautifulmind HB User

Most people do not need a pill to solve all their earthly problems. They need to work out their problems not take a magic pill that makes the problems go away. That is like getting drunk to forget your life and avoid dealing with real life. Pills are for people who are just too afraid to deal with their problems and convinced that some how this magic pill is going to solve everything. That is not how life works. Some people have real problems that just can not be solved with a pill. Some deep dark past that you can't let go of or a present that you just can't deal with. A lack of hope for the future can be a problem as well. But if a doctor hands you a pill as to say here your problems are solved then that would be a little crazy don't you think?

Old 04-01-2012, 09:03 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

abeautifulmind HB User

If 2 people could live the exact same life one would find happiness while the other would be depressed. Why? One thinks negatively and the other thinks positively. One thinks of what he can have and the other thinks about what he can't have. One thinks only of the bad things and the other concentrates on the good things. One thinks about what he can't change and the other thinks about what he can change. If you can't change the past then think about the present. Change the future.

When life gets you down think of something that you are grateful for and then say "it could be worse".

Old 04-01-2012, 09:10 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

abeautifulmind HB User

If 2 people could live the exact same life one would find happiness while the other would be depressed. Why? One thinks negatively and the other thinks positively. One thinks of what he can have and the other thinks about what he can't have. One thinks only of the bad things and the other concentrates on the good things. One thinks about what he can't change and the other thinks about what he can change. If you can't change the past then think about the present. Change the future.

When life gets you down think of something that you are grateful for and then say "it could be worse".

Closed Thread