It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2012, 09:00 PM   #1
(male)

lostinspaces HB User
Girlfriend coming over

Very long story short I have bipolar/schiztoaffective disorder and ptsd. Also have chronic pain from a bad total hip replacement and I get very very little sleep. I am almost in a permanent state of psychosis I think. I feel like De Niro in the Taxi Driver always scheming and plotting but 5x weirder most of the time.

I take lithium and clonazapam but am getting zyprexa to help with my issues. I have tried almost all the other antipsychotics and they either didn't work well enough or gave me bad side effects so I've shunned them to stick with the mood stabilizer lithium as it has been very effective at doing it's job. However since getting off the pain medications I have become increasingly hostile and violent. I work out all day body and mind and am a very dangerous man both physically and cunning.

I am completely incapable of functioning in society and when I leave the house there is a 50/50 chance of an assault whether verbal or physical. I get $9,000/year to live from my generous parents. I would be in jail or living in the woods probably dead without them.

I get girlfriends easily because I am moderately attractive with a great body but lose them quickly because they find out I am a psycho. My current girlfriend is coming home from school for the summer and she's coming over tomorrow. I am in a bad spot and think i'm about to hit a full blown psychosis episode. I snap at her and everyone else and can't make it through a full conversation without rambling on without making sense. This is about the tenth time I've typed this and I hope you can make some good sense of it.

Has anyone had these experiences and you needed to quell them for a day or two at a time and how did you do it?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-08-2012, 09:01 AM   #2
(female)

Tori41 HB UserTori41 HB User
Re: Girlfriend coming over

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinspaces View Post

I take lithium and clonazapam but am getting zyprexa to help with my issues. I have tried almost all the other antipsychotics and they either didn't work well enough or gave me bad side effects so I've shunned them to stick with the mood stabilizer lithium as it has been very effective at doing it's job. However since getting off the pain medications I have become increasingly hostile and violent. I work out all day body and mind and am a very dangerous man both physically and cunning.
First off, the reason why you've been acting the way you hate is because Mental illnesses you have, ... not because of your real personality, as reading that you sound basically very caring and charming enough to attract several women/girlfriends, pysically and mentally.

The bad thing is, however you've been NOT able to take those anti-psychotic meds., particularly Zyprexa. The Zyprexa and similar anti-psycho.meds. are a BIG help in regard to anger/rage, snap and rambing episodes. Lithium is, of course a good mood-stabilizer, but it's a bit helpful to the issues, rage/anger you've been dealing. Because, as you've said, your mental issues are not under control, due to the side-effects.

I have no idea as for other effective meds. to someone like you, ... but I often heard that an injection once a month is a best solution to folks who are not able to withstand oral anti-psychotic meds. If you'd think about this, try to talk to your psychiatrist soon. As the the price for this, ... I honestly do not know, but most of insuraces seem to cover.

Since your parents sound great folks dealing and understanding to your mental issues, then you could talk to them if its price is too high for you to get one.

As to the visit of your girlfriend the next day, .... it might be not good time for you to see her if your issues are full-blown and you're not able to make a good conversation with her, UNLESS she's fully understading to your mental condition. Unfortunately, not every girls have good understanding to deal with mental issues her partner has. Then, it's up to you whether it's nice to see her the next day, .... or some excuse to ask her to see you later date when you feel better. It's my opinion, but it's all up to you.

Closed Thread