It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2012, 10:27 PM   #1
(female)

Tigger546 HB User
Is this a Hallucination?

Hi, Im not sure if I am on the right board or not, but I have recently been diagnosed with OCD and Anxiety. I have had this fear that I am going to start seeing and hearing things. Lately I've been worried I have seen things. Then all of a sudden last night i watched a show where someone was talking about Jesus and then in the corner of my eye i saw something moving and imagined Jesus walking past. It was only brief and when I looked back it was gone and I knew it wasn't actually Jesus (obviously) but how do i know if this was a hallucination or my imagination? Also the other day i was looking into the fire and I looked away and saw a bright white square could this also be a hallucination or was that just the light from the fire?

Old 05-08-2012, 08:16 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

flamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB User
Re: Is this a Hallucination?

Hello Tigger546.

I don't think it sounds like you're having hallucinations, but have you talked about this with your doctor?. Do you think it's possibly the power of suggestion when you've been worrying about having hallucinations and then you start to see things in the corner of your eyes? As for seeing a bright white square do you think it could be because your eyes were adjusting from looking at a fire to something less bright?

What I would consider to be a more probable case of a hallucination is if you clearly saw something like Jesus on a white horse in your living room or if dead people started talking to you.

Last edited by flamesabers; 05-08-2012 at 08:16 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-08-2012, 01:50 PM   #3
(female)

Tigger546 HB User

I will definately bring it up with my doctor but I hope your right and that it wasn't a hallucination. I've been so worried that now I can actually focus on something like a doctor and it shakes a bit because I've been so worried I've had to try test whether I am having one or not. But thank you !

Old 09-15-2012, 10:15 AM   #4
(male)

grillo7 HB User

I also don't think it sounds like a hallucination. This sounds more like your anxiety to me.

Reply Reply