It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2012, 01:46 AM   #1
(female)

Macc1995 HB User
what do my symptoms sound like?

I have recently been diagnosed with OCD and Anxiety and I am on Prozac for this and have been for about a week. I was diagnosed by a really good Psyhciatrist and he doesn't think I have Schizophrenia but I am so worried that I do.
Here's a few of my symptoms I am worried about:
- I was never worried about Schizophrenia/knew what it was / thought I had any of the symptoms until I heard that Schizophrenia can sometimes start out like anxiety.

- I constantly look up symptoms of Schizophrenia and take the Schizophrenia test. Every week I seem to be convinced I have a different symptom of Schizophrenia then that goes away and I worry about another symptom.

- I am terrified of having schizophrenia so much to the point where if I have it I dont think I would know what to do with my life anymore.

- Any noise I hear I ask if anyone else heard it and I always ask if someone else sees the things I see and every time they have said they have seen and heard these things.

- Sometimes when i look out the corner of my eye it looks like something is there and then I turn around and its not BUT the other day I looked out the window and kind of imagined Jesus moving (i saw no face and heard no voices) and It did not seem real at all, I am worried this was a hallucination, but because it didn't seem real maybe it was just an imagination as the person on TV had just talked about Jesus.

- I don't think I hear voices but when I am dreaming I think I do, but they don't tell me anything bad (but im worried this will get worse).. When i hear a voice in my dream its usually because im dreaming about something I did that day or something and then I wake up worrying I have Schizophrenia. My own voice in my head is constantly talking to me and going on but I am fairly sure this is normal.. But if I want to I can imagine a friend talking to me and saying stuff but i think thats also normal...

- When i read that Schizophrenic people think they are Jesus, I worry that I think that or will start thinking that even though I know deep down I don't but my OCD/Anxiety worries me and almost tricks me into thinking I believe this but then when I dont feel anxious I know that I definately do not think I am Jesus.

-When i read that Schizophrenic people don't know that they are going crazy and cannot get their thoughts across and arent sure how they are feeling I worry that I am not getting my thoughts across that I dont know I am going crazy and that I am not sure how I am feeling but when im not anxious I know how i feel and I know that im worried about going crazy..

- I've been so worried about having hallucinations now that I can stare at a door and it looks like it moves slightly and is shaking but only if I focus on it and this has only happened since I have been worried about hallucinations...

I know this is really long and i sound so paranoid but I am so worried I have Schizophrenia to the point where I cry and don't want to go to school or do my school work..

I also forgot to mention that I also go sometimes so deep in thought that i zone out of conversations but i think this is depersonalisation and I also get derealisation (feeling as though I am in a dream)..

I don't really like to be alone I always want to be around someone and I love going out and being with friends but I have had a few fights with poeple but this also worries me that I am schizophrenic...

Sorry this is so long!! Does anyone think this is Schizophrenia?! Please help

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-09-2012, 12:40 PM   #2
(female)

Tori41 HB UserTori41 HB User
Re: what do my symptoms sound like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macc1995 View Post
I have recently been diagnosed with OCD and Anxiety and I am on Prozac for this and have been for about a week. I was diagnosed by a really good Psyhciatrist and he doesn't think I have Schizophrenia but I am so worried that I do.
Sounds like the Prozac has NOT kicked in yet, .... or you might need other med. for Anxiety and OCD. Some folks with Anxiety taking more than one, two meds. to alleviate the symptoms.

Your thinking/worry over Schizophrenia sounds more likely brought by Anxiety, ...,. in other words, excess concern over non-existing mental illness.

I'd suggest you'd go back to the psychiatrist telling him/her that your Anxiety is still as the same as before, not any effect/change to the Anxiety and OCD.

Old 05-09-2012, 04:14 PM   #3
(female)

Macc1995 HB User
Re: what do my symptoms sound like?

okay thank you! A bit more releaved now

Closed Thread