It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2012, 06:11 AM   #1
(female)

Oaldon HB User
Unhappy Fear of choking on food and liquids

I am a 45 year old woman, and i have suffered with this for most of my life. I did not know that alot of other people suffer from this too. I have had major panic attacks most of my life. I've experienced alot of abuse in many different forms since I was a child. I want to eat like a normal person. I am losing weight again as I can't even get the liquids down. even when I could get the liquids down I still struggled but gained weight on ensure plus. I am embarrassed of myself, as I've been made fun of many times and told that I was trying to get attention. and the famous just stop thinking about it, I would have already done that years ago if I could. I suffer silently and cry alone. I need help. I did read that someone said about acid reflux. I have gotten me pepcid ac, and just started it today..of course they are chewable, as I've never ever been able to swallow pills. Please anyone that can help me please do. I am newly married and live far from any friends and family. I am a LMT. I love my job. but I can't keep doing it if I can't eat and hydrate myself with liquids. I do not want to get back very skinny again , I hate so much being so skinny, it's very embarrassing to me. God has to intervene. I pray so much. thank you to anyone that can and will at least try and help me.

Old 05-19-2012, 09:18 PM   #2
(female)

Tori41 HB UserTori41 HB User
Re: Fear of choking on food and liquids

Sounds like you have two different issues, ... one for G.I./acid reflux or similar one, and other for psycho. issues, panic attack.

I suggest you to seek GP first and from there, GP figures out what problems you have. After that, he/she sends you to appropriate drs. for proper dx.

The Following User Says Thank You to Tori41 For This Useful Post:
Oaldon (05-20-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread