HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Mental Health (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/mental-health/)
-   -   This isnt normal is it? what is wrong with me? (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/mental-health/902046-isnt-normal-what-wrong-me.html)

barbie1987 05-23-2012 12:33 PM

This isnt normal is it? what is wrong with me?

:confused:

I have been told I was a good baby, and little girl, but for as long as I can remember I
have had anger issues. I remember when i was in school I was always picking fights, disruptive, didn't abide by rules.

However now its much more worse.

I have major mood swings, one minuetes I could happy, and withen a second I'll be angry at world for no reason. The next I'll be crying. When i get angry i tear up the house such as throw things hit walls anything. Theres times where i do not want to be bothered, I want to be left alone, not talked to or even touched or flip out.

There is also times where i am happy and feel like nothing can bring me down, I can go on only three hours of sleep and still feel refreshed the next day as if I slept all night. I have thought about suicide, but never gone through with it. There's times where i feel like failure, a BAD mom, worthless. I also get paranoid that people are mad me if they don't talk to me, or if I'm in public places if someone is looking at me and is talking I automatically assume they are talking about me.Even though I don't know for a fact they are. There is times where I always want sex, and most of the time I don't want it. I always yell,.

Erm and there is times where i ....yeah this will sound crazy....like i said there's times where i have felt as though there was a preasene (don't know how to spell) like there is somone in the room when there's not. Um I think this is about it. That i can come up with.

I have been on depression medications before but it didn't work so i don't think I'm depressed. Can anyone help me??

Tori41 05-23-2012 09:43 PM

Re: This isnt normal is it? what is wrong with me?

Sound like you have either Bipolar I or Bipolar II, both of which has mood swings, as 'Bi' imply,.... 'two-poles,' depression and mania. Bipolar II is milder form of Bipolar and mostly depression, but it's still one of serious mental illnesses.

I strongly suggest you make an appt. with psycho. therapist or psychiatrist soon, because untreated Bipolar might get worse as time goes by. Also, with appropriate meds., you become a happy person again.

barbie1987 05-23-2012 09:50 PM

Tori41. That's what I was afraid of, and yes I've had these mood swings since I was a teen but now that I'm in my twenties its a lot worse, and out of control. Thanks so much for replying. It seems more real reading some one I dont know tell me what it seems I have. Do you have it?

Chrissy26 06-13-2012 04:40 PM

If I didn't know any better I would think you secretly knew me and wrote a book about me because everything you mentioned I have too. I was told I have adhd, bipolar, anxiety attacks and ocd. So it's very possible you do have bipolar. I too think people are talking about me when in reality they probably aren't. I always think people are mad at me. Growing up I had anger issues. Always throwing things, putting holes into walls, having panic attacks and losing control. I never understood what caused it but I know it got worse over time. I'm now 26, married and have 4 kids and I try my best to curve my attitude especially around them. Now I've become paranoid over my kids and I worry excessively even when there's no need to, so now I'm facing this stupid problem.

The only meds I was ever on was tranquilizers when I was 17. I'll tell ya, it was horrible. I was always sleeping and I couldn't deal with that so I stopped taking them. I do believe meds can help though. I just didn't get the proper help. But if you can, go for it. I just want you to know you're definitely not alone.