It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2012, 04:18 PM   #1
(male)

UKhugh HB User
Question Excited/restless/tickling feeling in my upper stomach keeping me awake

I have this very odd exciting type of feeling in the middle of my upper stomach. It is very annoying and make it hard for me to fall asleep as I keep on tossing and turning. When I turn to my side it goes away for a bit and then comes back again so I turn to another side. It only really comes on at night and when I wake up I'm feeling absolutely fine again. Also, it seems like the more attention I pay to it the more intense it gets. If I can't sleep and decide to read a book for a few minutes it goes away the second I stop paying attention to it. Could this be anxiety? I don't have any health problems besides from mild anxiety which comes and goes.

I'm also pretty funny when it comes to various health scares. For example after being in contact with somebody who had lice I kept on feeling crawling in my hair even though I was tested clean. After somebody joked about being car sick on a long trip I actually started feeling car sick even though this has never happened before. Or when I watched a scare mongering documentary about heart attacks I started listening to my heart and long and behold, chest pains appeared. This made me think that the funny chest feeling is also imaginary.

Any ideas? Thanks!

PS: I'm 27

Last edited by UKhugh; 05-23-2012 at 04:19 PM.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:56 PM   #2
(female)

Tori41 HB UserTori41 HB User
Re: Excited/restless/tickling feeling in my upper stomach keeping me awake

Excess worry and imagination might be 'anxiety' symptom. If you're NOT any psycho. med., try to make an appt. with psycho. doc. or psycho.therapist soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread