It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2012, 08:58 AM   #1
(male)

davidv1 HB Userdavidv1 HB Userdavidv1 HB User
Mental Health and it's Consequences

Hey everyone,
Feeling sad this morning,
I'm trying not to be sad but once in awhile I think back on regrets...regrets of not having had a girlfriend, not being married or having children. I have things to grateful for and I'm glad about that but the sadness of living alone with my mental health issues is very challenging at times...
David(Hope everyone is doing ok)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2012, 02:40 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

WhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB User
Re: Mental Health and it's Consequences

Sorry no one responded to your post,David.I don't know how old you are,but there is plenty of time to be married and/or have kids.I know you won't believe me,but many married with kids people probably wish they were in your position.

Marriage and kids is no picnic
I know it's hard when you feel lonely at times though.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2012, 08:42 AM   #3
(male)

For the most part I feel pretty good being single, I think the hard part is when I'm not feeling well, especially in the evenings before I go to bed. When I see families on tv all big smiles and happy I feel irritated but your right, is the grass really greener on the other side of the fence?
David(I'm 48 years old)

Old 07-02-2012, 12:54 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

WhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB User

The grass is definitely NOT greener.Parents in REAL life don't even get to sleep most of the time cuz babies and toddlers keep them up.So when you rest your head on the pillow,just reassure yourself a screaming toddler won't be disturbing your sleep
You also get to come and go as you please without worrying about babysitters, or school,and other obligations.

Oh,and most parents won't admit this,but you have NO SEX life with young kids.

It is nice having a partner,but I also prefer sleeping alone.Guess I'm just weird though.I like the bed all to myself without someone kicking me or snoring in my ear

48 is still young.You could get married or have kids anytime.I know people doing all those things at 60.Don't give up if it is what you want!

Old 07-03-2012, 10:02 AM   #5
(male)

You've made some good points,
I do like sleeping by myself and I love things being quiet(that helps my anxiety). I think once in awhile I get the urge to want to be held and loved by a lady but I see it in my mind with rose colored glasses, not true reality but who knows it might work out for me in the future. I've experienced all kinds of love except the love of another woman and that's probably why I crave it sometimes...

Old 07-05-2012, 01:48 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

I'm sorry you have not gotten to experience that.Relationships are hard too and it is easy to look at them through rose colored glasses as you said.

I know it's hard to meet someone when you have anxiety and depression issues too.Mainly because most people just don't understand what we go through.

Old 07-06-2012, 08:51 AM   #7
(male)

Hopefully in time I will get a better grip on my panic disorder and agoraphobia and I will feel like socializing once again. I used to go to church and that has stopped, the one thing I still do is attend a local mental health support group, the only problem with that is it's 20 miles away and coming back home I start to get anxious and can't wait to go to sleep, I've started to take my anxiety meds before I leave and that seems to help...

Old 07-07-2012, 02:05 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

I kinda have the same problems...plus,it's just hard for me to make friends. Although I do have one teenage daughter,I'm glad I don't have more kids cuz it kinda forces you to be around more people.

I get lonely too,but I also don't have the patience for most relationships right now.I need to work on myself first too.

Old 07-07-2012, 08:14 AM   #9
(male)

That's what's happening with me too, my panic disorder and agoraphobia makes it hard to get out of the house. "David" is going to have to work on himself first, if I tried to get into a relationship right now my anxiety would go through the roof!

Closed Thread