It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2012, 01:43 AM   #1
(male)

Signious HB User
Depression Overseas

Hello,

I have struggled with depression in the past, done counseling through the University I attended and got medium results from it - eventually snapped out when I found a good person to confide in and to love.

Fastforward three years and I am in Ghana working for an NGO and she decided that it wasn't going to work, and now for the last three weeks I have been in that 'pit of despair' we all know too well. Initially I thought this was just the shellshock of the breakup, and it would go away. I feel I really need to talk to a mental health professional because no amount of talking with friends and family has been able to help me swing out of this one.

Step into the problem. As mentioned above I am working overseas and there are no options around for mental health professionals, and the hotlines all bounce my calls because of the international number.

Does anyone have any insight or advice?

Thanks so much

Old 07-04-2012, 12:39 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

flamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB User
Re: Depression Overseas

Hello Signious.

Have you tried getting a local phone number through Skype or Voyage? When I was overseas I bought a Skype subscription and local phone number so I could easily make and receive phone calls with anyone in the U.S.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread