It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2012, 02:39 AM   #1
(male)

Luckcrazy HB User
Well... is this normal?

Well, hi, my name is Lucas, I'm a teenager (just saying in case it might make some difference), I just registered here because this place really caught my interest (and that's really rare to happen, I know this might sound like I'm saying I'm superior or that stuff, but it's not that >.<).

I just wanted to know if feeling no love for yourself is normal. I'm really grateful to my parent for giving me my life and the chance to live in this world, but I don't feel like I deserve it, I would gratefully give all my oportunities and place in life to someone who needed it or deserved it (and probably would regret later, but whatever...), but it's not the case.

I don't really have much interest in life and in the world in general for most of the time (it would be a lie to say it's all the time, because thanks to some really lovable people like my family it's not.

I never talked about this to anyone but after seeing this guy's post: http://www.healthboards.com/boards/depression/907195-faking-everything-normal.html , and simpathizing a bit with him I got myself writing this here. it

My family is kinda unusual and strange, but they are really nice and good people, and I really love them very much, I wish I was a better person for them because they deserve the best from me (and I'm trying! I think... I hope...).
Sometimes it's strange because even if I'm alive, it feels like I'm not, when I'm sane most of the time I can't feel anything (no anger, hatred, joy, it's really strange), I can say truthfully that I don't let much my emotions go out (my mother, brother and a friend had told me that), and when I'm angry I feel the need to punch the door of my room (when I did it for the first time [2 years ago], I opened a hole in it, and almost broke my left hand, it was a bad and lame punch...), but when I'm gonna do it I see how stupid that action is and don't.

Sorry I ended up geting carried away. And sorry for the bad grammar, english is not my main language. So back to my question, is this kind of thing normal? If you read it from the start sorry for making you spend your time in this, but I'm really curious about the answers, and really grateful for your effort!

Last edited by Administrator; 09-15-2012 at 01:13 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2012, 09:55 AM   #2
(male)

grillo7 HB User
Re: Well... is this normal?

Hey Lucas,

It's normal to have ups and downs, and being a teen can be really challenging, It's not normal to feel <that bad> though. I'm glad to hear you have a loving a supportive family; hopefully this is something you feel can talk to them about. It might be a good idea to talk to your doctor about this too. If these thoughts start getting worse, and you don't feel like you can talk to anyone close to you,

I wish you all the best, and hang in there...

Last edited by Administrator; 09-15-2012 at 01:14 PM.

Closed Thread