It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2012, 12:09 PM   #1
(female)

p3rf3cti0n HB User
Unhappy Deciding on whether to recover from my Eating Disorder

I want to recover from my eating disorder. It controls me and I hate it! I recently realized on a family trip that I need to overcome this because there are people who love and care about me and there is so much more to life than my ED.
But I think I'm too fat to recover. I'm 5'3 and my current weight is 115, my lowest weight is 110, and my heightest weight is 160. Normally people are like 90lbs when they go into treatment/recovery... im not thin whatsoever! And I dont want people to blow me off because Im not thin. Ive been struggling for 2 years... but im still fat.
Please be honest... should I go into recovery?

Last edited by p3rf3cti0n; 07-23-2012 at 12:27 PM. Reason: missing info

Old 07-23-2012, 01:49 PM   #2
(female)

weaver02 HB Userweaver02 HB Userweaver02 HB User
Re: Deciding on whether to recover from my Eating Disorder

i am the same height and for that height a healthy weight is between 120 to 140 so you are a little under weight. so be glade you can eat a lot and not gain so much weight.

Hysterectomy
Appendectomy
Cholecystectomy
Sinus surgery
Tonsillectomy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-23-2012, 02:12 PM   #3
(female)

waters04 HB Userwaters04 HB Userwaters04 HB Userwaters04 HB Userwaters04 HB User

It's good to hear you're taking the first steps, admitting you have a problem and want to see treatment. I was in your same place and it was hard, but I decided I needed help. Don't let the differences in weight bother you. If it controls your life, then yes, you should receive help.

Please talk to your doctor and at least get some labwork done. Sometimes if you have an eating disorder, you might have deficiencies. Start by trying to find a nutritonist who can help you develop meal plans and therapy to help with the ED thoughts.

No weight is too low to seek treatment if it is taking over your life.

best wishes!

Old 07-23-2012, 02:14 PM   #4
(female)

waters04 HB Userwaters04 HB Userwaters04 HB Userwaters04 HB Userwaters04 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaver02 View Post
i am the same height and for that height a healthy weight is between 120 to 140 so you are a little under weight. so be glade you can eat a lot and not gain so much weight.
Your post is not constructive. You don't know much she eats or doesn't eat. I find that, from a in recovery standpoint, a little offensive. It is NOT about weight or FOOD.

Closed Thread

Tags
eating disorder, mental disorders