It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2012, 12:10 PM   #1
(male)

ajnavarg HB User
Unhappy Constant numbness, dizzyness, wierd week feeling in body

Hello,
I'm 21 year old student from Slovenia and I have problems with my feeling for like a year now intensively. I went to a psychayatrist,and he diagnosed me with anxiety, OCD and moderate depression, so he prescribed me Asentra (Zoloft), first three months 100 mg and then 200 mg. I take Asentra for 5 moths now and with my anxiety is better. However, I still have a problems with my feeling in this life. I am almost always tired, sleepy ad with no motivation for anything, including things that supose to be pleasuring. I can't enjoy anything. But I was like that for many years, but lately (last year) I started to feel very wierd, like constant dizzines. It's very wierd feeling which I can't describe properly, but I will try. Sometimes, when I'm outside, I start to feel like I'm very weak, dizzy, disorientated, very numb, headache, my eyes start to tear and burn, I start being nervous, I don't know how I will deal if someone who I know comes by, because I have this strange feeling. Often when I'm at home, I feel very tired and numb also if I didn't do anything for a whole day, and his strange numb feeling in my body and muscles, like they are so heavy and clumsy, and I have troubles with coordination and with most usual things, it feels very strange, like I'm completely incapable of anything and everyting seems so hard to do, even drinking water or standing up. My eyes often start burning and tearing, and shuting down and I must concentrate to even open them, and I have bags (circles) under my eyes all the time, even if I've slept enough. For whole day I can't wait to go to sleep, but when I do, it takes an hour or more usualy to start sleeping properly. In the morning, I have very tense and tired feeling, and I must gather all my forces to even get out of my bed. Sometimes, when I have this feeling, it's even hard talking or responding to people, all seems very very hard, and often I contemplate suicide, just to stop feeling like that. I have problems with concentration and with sitting calm. When I lay down, I often twitch and toss myself around. I have also difficulty in reading and conentrating on text, lately I started to read incorrect word, like there is a word "Horse", and I think I see "Horror", or something like that, it's horrible. I've read a lot of books when I was in elementary school, and I was known as a book worm, but now I have problem with reading even a few senteces right. It's horrible and I don't know how to help myself. My parents don't take me very seriously. And Iam also always in bad mood, whatever happen (even very positive), I always find a reason to be in a bad mood. Everythime I succed with that. I'm also very nervous and I have problems with myself and other people all the time. Socializing is like moving a mountain for me. Meeting new people like breaking the constant ice, it's horrible. I need help with this annoying, numb, suffering feeling, that I can't control. If I wont start to feel any better in close future, I will probably end this everyday suffering.

Thankyou for reading to the end.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2012, 07:49 AM   #2
(female)

Chrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB User
Re: Constant numbness, dizzyness, wierd week feeling in body

I'm sorry you're going through this. It sounds to me that you have a number of things going on but the tiredness and feeling like you gotta struggle to get out of bed makes me think you may have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. People with that are often very tired to the point washing their hair in the shower is a task because they don't have enough energy to hold their arms up long enough. It could be linked to your depression and anxiety too. I think your best bet is letting your therapist know you're still suffering and if he/she doesn't think it's anything psychological, then see your primary care physician and he/she will run some tests.

Closed Thread

Tags
anxiety, depression, numb, sleepy, tired