It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2012, 06:54 AM   #1
(male)

Neurotiko HB User
Red face Dread having to lift a finger, please help, im desperate

Hi everyone, im new here. I have alot of problems, but the most debilitating ones i need to express here today. I really need help now, its ruining my life.

Please, does anyone know how i can combat the dread i feel when i have to put any effort into anything?

This is the main problem. Anxiety, depression, despair, OCD thoughts, everything. All because i simply dread having to do anything at all. Does anyone know why? And what i can do now to fix it? Everything gets convoluted and overwhelming in my mind, that i simply dread even lifting a finger. Ive wasted so much time, i cant waste anymore time. Please please, what can i do? I just need it gone as soon as possible.

Thank you

Old 08-08-2012, 07:53 PM   #2
(female)

waters04 HB Userwaters04 HB Userwaters04 HB Userwaters04 HB Userwaters04 HB User
Re: Dread having to lift a finger, please help, im desperate

have you talked to your doctor about this? If not, it might be something you want to bring up.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2012, 08:11 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

Your symptoms are classic of clinical depression, caused by an imbalance of neurotransmitters (chemical messengers for nerve impulses) in the brain. This is an illness, just like any other, but symptoms present in a person's mood and behavior. It sounds like you are in somewhat of a vegetative state, just not wanting to do anything or be engaged in life. This type of depression responds very well to medication that can be prescribed by your physician. I would encourage you to talk to your Dr. about this, and see how much better you feel with appropriate treatment. Sometimes it takes awhile to find the right med and the right dose. Once the chemical balance gets restored, you could work with a therapist to help you get back into being productive, engaged, and solving whatever problems or issues you may be struggling with. You don't have to continue feeling this way. There is help for you. Some people with pervasive depression have an underactive thyroid problem. It would be wise to have this checked just to be thorough and not overlook a hormonal cause for the depression.

Old 08-08-2012, 08:18 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User

i agree, i had the same problem. you need find a psychologist. if you have no insurance just call social services for your area and find the cheapest one. cj

Old 08-31-2012, 12:43 AM   #5
(male)

Equip HB User

What's your situation? Are you living alone? Do you have a diagnosis? How are you handling housework, food shopping, cooking, bill paying etc?

Closed Thread