It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2012, 02:31 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

nuladybug HB User
I think the universe is trying to tell me I'm bipolar... and I'm listening

Hello.

I think I'm bipolar. My bff and brother are bipolar. I was diagnosed w/depression.

But I've always had these lows followed by activity...it's actually a joke wiht my friends/family. They ask me how I am, and I say, "My house is spotless." Then they know I'm probably on edge.

It's because when I'm up...I have so much energy and I clean like a freak and shop. But when I'm down, my house is a mess, and I don't go out...but I'm usually not edgy and maybe o.k..

However there are times when I don't have energy and don't wanna leave my house, and I'm so low I can barely take care of myself.

I feel like I'm rambling on and on.

I hope you understand me.

Also lately, I go from singing around my house to snapping at my guy in 2 seconds straight. I don't know if it's moodiness or mental illness. And how moody is too moody?

I know you guys aren't doctors, and I don't expect you to DX me, but have y'all had anything happen that sounds like me? thanks

I tried to ask for help over at depression boards...but I didn't feel like they understood me. THat's why I said the universe is trying to tell me that I'm bipolar. LOL.
hugs.
Thanks for reading.

Old 08-08-2012, 07:34 PM   #2
(female)

waters04 HB Userwaters04 HB Userwaters04 HB Userwaters04 HB Userwaters04 HB User
Re: I think the universe is trying to tell me I'm bipolar... and I'm listening

It could be. I spend like mad and am insanely active when I'm manic or hypomanic. Why just this week I bought an SUV! I was dx with depression at first and my doc didn't believe me until I got a new dr who took an in-depth look at my symptoms and said I was bpII. Then after an insane mixed episode I ended up in the hospital for over a month, he dx me with BPI.

It's entirely possible. Talk to your dr about your symptoms, and look up some mania rating scales, like Youngs Mania Ratings Scale. Read up on the symtpoms and go prepared. If your doc doesn't take you seriously, maybe it's time to move on.

How long do these episodes last? For bipolar you have to have had them for at least 3-5 consecutive days, and any amount of time if it requires hospitilzation. Hope this helps. I can completely relate.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2012, 08:57 AM   #3
(male)

ROSSIV46 HB User
Thumbs up Re: I think the universe is trying to tell me I'm bipolar... and I'm listening

Hello,

When I was first diagnosed it was Major Depressive Disorder and that was my dx for over ten years. I also felt I was bipolar but figured Dr. knew best. After 10 years I was re-diagnosed (after 2 major episodes in a 1 year period) with BP1.

I;'m not a Dr. but from reading and classes we had at the hospital; the problem is that when we are depressed, we tend to seek help, thus seeing our dr's. When we are on highs, we feel everything is o.k, we are getting things done. So from my experience it's hard for a DR. to diagnose bipolar when he sees you when you come in for depression.
I hope that makes some sense.
THanks

Closed Thread