It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2012, 07:41 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

kidonike HB User
are ssri's worth it? anxiety

I am a 27 year old female with had. I have been struggling with driving anxiety for several months. I am on 30mg buspar.. however not sure if its working much. I'm also in therapy. I am considering going on an ssri. I have had a bad experience with zoloft before... my Dr didn't have me titrate up and the beginning anxiety was horrible (caused panic attack that started all of the d driving anxiety). I was only on it 5 days.

I want to know if the benefits are worth the side effects? Is it really hard to come off after feeling better? ... I want to start having children in the next few years.

Old 10-26-2012, 03:05 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

flamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB User
Re: are ssri'sworth it? anxiety

Hello kidonike.

I think it really depends on the individual. SSRIs have really helped with my depressive symptoms, but I haven't stopped taking an SSRI as of yet. I spent about 14 months on Zoloft and I'm now taking prozac. I think after spending a few weeks on an SSRI you'll know whether the benefits are worth the side-effects or not.

If you think an SSRI can really help with your anxiety, I suggest giving it a try. Otherwise, I would suggest considering a different class of meds or not taking meds at all and see if therapy by itself can help with making you less anxious.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-31-2012, 08:47 AM   #3
(male)

ROSSIV46 HB User
Re: are ssri'sworth it? anxiety

You know, I was just put on Zoloft about a month ago and was feeling heavy anxiety but I've kept taking it. They say it takes 4-6 weeks and im hoping it gets better but maybe it's not and time to change again.

I didn't think more people felt anxious on zoloft.

Closed Thread