It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2012, 02:23 PM   #1
(female)

queenrose HB User
anxiety

how would one know if they were having a nervous breakdown????
i had some brain wave tests and an MRI of the head and was told i am having mini strokes. i, of course, immediately paniced , and now feel the gloom and doom feeling. i have anxiety and panic attacks monthly and take cymbalta. i also take xanax and ambien cr to sleep, which sometimes helps. should o talk to an psycologist or phsychiatrist for this problem? this time is expecially worse but no one understands how i feel. if it is mini strokes the nuerologist will help me,right? i just feel so alone and lonely and i feel i do nothing right and is usually is that way. when something i try to do goes wrong i then throw it or just slam something. please help with the mental issue in this for me. thanks. queenrose.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-07-2012, 05:27 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

TinoRock HB UserTinoRock HB UserTinoRock HB UserTinoRock HB UserTinoRock HB UserTinoRock HB UserTinoRock HB User
Re: anxiety

If you have been diagnosed with mini-strokes (do they call it transient ischemia?) I think it only natural to have high-anxiety, panic, grief and insomnia. Remember, nervous-breakdown never was a true medical term. It sounds like you have a scary Dx, and they can be so much more scary at first, until you get more info on treatment and prognosis. Talking to a professional would probably alleviate a lot of this anxiety, and I hope you have a good relationship with your neurologist, so they can help you as much as possible. Good luck & keep us posted!

Last edited by TinoRock; 11-07-2012 at 05:28 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread