It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2012, 03:02 PM   #1
(male)

Galvanise HB User
Racing thoughts

For as long as i can remember i've had a very very overactive brain and its cost me my social life as i cannot for the life of me control my thoughts i cant keep eye contact because within a second im switched off and gone into another world no matter how hard i try. i have to constantly move and bounce my legs i feel like im racing at a hundreds miles an hour and when i create scenarios in my head ( which is pretty much all the time.. my mouth talks silently copying what im saying in my head and when i come back around i just sit there thinking did i seriouusly do that ?! )

with all this going on i can still faintly hear a thousands thoughts going on... while most are sort of... unheard in the back of my head its like being in a room with hundred of people talking, i dont feel like theyre voices talking to me if i try to randomly zone into them theyre just COMPLETELY random conversations, such as the other day i had a conversation between two men talking about mc donalds and then two people talking about their cars and then i just had a running dialouge of random stuff in my life. Just seems i can unhear them if i chose to but they still go on in the back of my mind and this is why im scared to get help because im worried im going to be told i have something seriously wrong with me and id rather go on about my life not knowing i have a serious issue. All i do know is my mums and my grandmother have very very serious anxiety as i do but i feel this isnt due to that ? I guess the reason i posted here is for opinions on wether it is serious or if its just something that isnt serious. However please dont post below saying just go see someone because i want to but when it comes to making the call to the doctors or going there i just cant my anxiety kicks in and its just not going to happen unless i get some assurance that it is just anxiety but i feel it cant just be anxiety causing this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-09-2012, 08:03 AM   #2
(female)

Shyneadh HB User
Re: Racing thoughts

Hi there, I was suffering from racing thoughts a few weeks back. I was unsure as to the cause of it, but my p.doc prescribed me seroquel which did help to tame them down a bit and the seroquel did help a bit so it must have been anxiety.

I know how hard racing thoughts can be...hope you feel better soon, much love x

Reply Reply