It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2012, 05:22 PM   #1
(female)

INeedAnOpinion HB User
Extreme ups & downs

Okay, so this is the first time that I'm trying a site like this out, so bare with me please.

Lately, for what seems to be a little bit over a year I've been having these very intense, I guess you could call them mood swings. One day I'll be fine I guess, and then just like that, my mood will go downhill, and I'll be left feeling worthless, hating myself, and usually breaking down in tears which would just only make me hate myself even more. This type of mood would usually last up to 2-3 days and then I would be fine. I wouldn't necessarily be happy, but I wouldn't be sad, so I'd be somewhere in between, not really feeling any type of mood in particular. This type of mood would last for a few days, maybe even a week or two, but then ultimately, it would go back to the worthless type of mood. I also have been noticing that I seem to get really irritated easily, especially over stupid small things.

Now that's my mood for the most part, but there's more to this. I tend to find myself feeling extremely energized and awake for the most part. When I start feeling like this, I usually want to run it off at the gym, but it's usually too late for me to do this, so I'm left just feeling jittery and wide awake for most of the night. When I start feeling like this, I also get very excited about doing things that I normally wouldn't. An example of this is that earlier in the year I get this crazy idea thinking that I was going to join a sorority, when I've never liked them. Months later (present day) I look back at the thought and just think about how stupid it was for me to think that I actually wanted to join one. I've got plenty other situations like this that i've gone through throughout most my life, which makes me think that I might have suffered from something a lot longer than I originally thought. I've come to the conclusion that I might have definitely had something wrong with me, but it's became more noticeable this past year.

I think that last thing that I should mention is that I have suffered from anxiety attacks in the past. Which makes me think that I might also suffer from an anxiety disorder. My heart always seems to race whenever I start to think about school work or my future. With the mention of school, I should say that lately I haven't been able to motivate myself enough to do anything productive, and when I do do something small that's productive, I feel exhausted afterwards.

I have scheduled an appointment with the counseling and psychological department on my campus, but I'm not too sure how much help they could be with trying to understand what I have. I haven't mentioned any of this to my parents at all, and I most likely won't unless I'm sure that I've got something wrong with me. I just wanted to see what everyone on here thinks might be going on.

Thanks guys for reading this all. Please let me know what you all think!!

Last edited by Administrator; 11-18-2012 at 05:40 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply