It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2013, 07:00 PM   #1
(male)

ChuchoM HB User
I dont feel real.

I'm seventeen years old and I feel like I'm not real. I know it sounds crazy but i'm scared. I used to love sports it used to be my life and I was always outgoing to, but now i'm always depressed and can't be around people without feeling like i'm in some sort of dream. Idk I just want to feel like myself again! Help? /: I take medicine for it but it's not working like I thought it would. But I guess once you get the thought that your not real in your head It stays there..

Old 01-25-2013, 02:46 PM   #2
(male)

TFOX8 HB User
Re: I dont feel real.

Hey there!

I am also a teenager and I have the same symptoms you do! It sounds like brain fog and depersonalization, or maybe anxiety. It is really hard to deal with not feeling real and not being able to do things you like. Trust me, I know, it sucks, but it wont last forever.

What medicine are you taking? Antidepressents sometimes work for brain fog and depersonalization.

Try seeing a psychiatrist and psychologist. They work very well in treating depersonalization and brain fog!

Good Luck!
TFOX8

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-17-2013, 06:17 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Liarose006 HB UserLiarose006 HB UserLiarose006 HB UserLiarose006 HB UserLiarose006 HB User

You are right the feeling is scary. What happens is the more attention you give your feelings of being disconnected it stays with you. Try as hard as you can to ignore it and live your life as if you don't feel that way. You will begin to feel like you are living in the moment and real.

Old 02-20-2013, 08:36 AM   #4
(male)

ChuchoM HB User

Im starting to come back! it's taking me a while but my counselor is really helping me a lot! But sometimes I feel like my heads a tv? You know like i'm watching tv all the time.

Old 02-20-2013, 03:34 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Liarose006 HB UserLiarose006 HB UserLiarose006 HB UserLiarose006 HB UserLiarose006 HB User

Yes I understand exactly. You will get back to yourself...keeping busy and distracted helps a lot. It's good that you have a counselor that understands. Take care of yourself.

Old 02-20-2013, 04:25 PM   #6
(female)

junebug0102 HB User

I feel the same way and have thought that I have been going crazy for the past 2 weeks. I never heard of depersonaliztion disorder before right now and think that is what I have. Thank you so much, I am going to speak to my doctor tomorrow.

Old 02-21-2013, 02:58 PM   #7
(female)

junebug0102 HB User

How long did it take for you to start feeling better? Are you taking any medications? I have been feeling like this for two weeks now and it is driving me crazy. It is starting to affect my job as I have been out all week. Do you have any advice as to what has been working for you to feel better? Anything will help, I need to start feeling normal again, my life is falling apart

Old 02-21-2013, 03:39 PM   #8
(female)

m1078744 HB User
Hi,

I am new to this site, but I'm not new with depersonalization. I have struggled for years with feeling not real. I often liken my exprience as though I'm living in the world of The Sims...like there's some force controlling myself and everyone around me. While the feeling hasn't totally gone away, I have found great benefit from having a very supportive treatment team around me that don't doubt me. Sometimes, it can be hard for others to understand and relate when they've never experienced it. I take numerous meds, but I think atypical anti-psychotics have helped me a lot. Now, don't think that because anti-psychotics have helped means you or I am psychotic. I have learned through my journey that meds often have a wide range of things they help with. Risperdol is the one that helped me the most. I can understand and relate and I wish you all the best. I love having found a place where people are supportive and there's no judgement.

You all are in my thoughts,
m1078744

Old 02-21-2013, 03:46 PM   #9
(female)

m1078744 HB User
Hi,

I am new to this site, but I'm not new with depersonalization. I have struggled for years with feeling not real. I often liken my exprience as though I'm living in the world of The Sims...like there's some force controlling myself and everyone around me. While the feeling hasn't totally gone away, I have found great benefit from having a very supportive treatment team around me that don't doubt me. Sometimes, it can be hard for others to understand and relate when they've never experienced it. I take numerous meds, but I think atypical anti-psychotics have helped me a lot. Now, don't think that because anti-psychotics have helped means you or I am psychotic. I have learned through my journey that meds often have a wide range of things they help with. Risperdol is the one that helped me the most. I can understand and relate and I wish you all the best. I love having found a place where people are supportive and there's no judgement.

You all are in my thoughts,
m1078744

Reply Reply

Tags
anxiety