It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2013, 04:10 PM   #1
(male)

Tellastus HB User
Fluctuating Emotions

Hello, I am 19. For the past few months, and it is getting worse as of lately, my emotions have been very unstable. I get super angry then sad. Or I will get really really sad and just stay that way for a couple hours (unless I go to sleep that usually fixes the sadness until it happens again). Now the things that trigger these varying emotions is just about anything. The SMALLEST of things can ruin my mood, and I do mean completely ruin it.

I have always been an emotional guy but it has gotten worse over the years and is getting really bad as of lately. I constantly yell at my parents and shut them out or I will get sad <and depressed>.

I don't know if it just because I am a teen or if something is actually wrong with me but I would love some advice. Thank you for your time.

Last edited by Administrator; 02-14-2013 at 05:59 PM.

Old 03-06-2013, 07:28 PM   #2
(female)

ValerieSue HB User
Re: Fluctuating Emotions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellastus View Post
Hello, I am 19. For the past few months, and it is getting worse as of lately, my emotions have been very unstable. I get super angry then sad. Or I will get really really sad and just stay that way for a couple hours (unless I go to sleep that usually fixes the sadness until it happens again). Now the things that trigger these varying emotions is just about anything. The SMALLEST of things can ruin my mood, and I do mean completely ruin it.

I have always been an emotional guy but it has gotten worse over the years and is getting really bad as of lately. I constantly yell at my parents and shut them out or I will get sad <and depressed>.

I don't know if it just because I am a teen or if something is actually wrong with me but I would love some advice. Thank you for your time.

I am a psychology counsellor but I also suffer severe depression. I wouldn't dream of trying to assess you on here but I would suggest you got to your GP and explain how you are feeling. What have you got to lose? Your hormones are probably up and down due to your age as you say, but it could just help you to have a chat with the doctor. Take care of yourself

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-06-2013, 08:43 PM   #3
(female)

growagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB User
Re: Fluctuating Emotions

It is great that you have taken notice of your changing emotions, and are seeking some help. As a young man, you are continuing to grow until about 25, so this phase of your life can be challenging by itself.

If your emotions are creating negative effects on your happiness, your family life, your relationships, it is time to see your doctor. Just go to your regular doctor and he/she will refer you to the right doctor. There is lots of different therapies available, one just right for you, depending on your diagnosis.

I am proud of you for taking action on this...keep us posted, ok?

Closed Thread