It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2013, 01:15 AM   #1
(female)

Megs1 HB User
Emotions

Im not sure if this is a big problem or even a problem but some think it is. I just happened to find this page so I decided to join and see what all it can offer in advice and such.

I have some sort of problems with emotions or lack of them. I feel some like anger( more often than not now), sometimes sad, sometimes happy. At last I think I feel them. But i lack something. When im in a talk with someone I love anything they go on about there feelings and I listen, but when i am asked what are you thinking or feels and thats nothing there is nothing going on. I have always been like this. I dont really feel to much in the times i am sure i need to feel something. It has caused a lot of lost friends and partners throughout my life. (which isnt to long but still) I know I am sopoused to feel something more than anger. I should be able to be thinking at times I should but I always have a blank mind. I have no idea whats up or how to begain fixing this. If its a big problem.

I know my past has played into this. I also have bad memory now. Its like I only rememeber tiny bit of my past. I have to lie when someone says omg we use to do that all the time or old inside joke I should rememeber. I fuction just fine, I work go to school all the above.

Anything anyone has for insight would be great

Old 04-03-2013, 03:44 AM   #2
(male)

MonkeysOnStrike HB User
Re: Emotions

I have this exact problem.

"I have to lie when someone says omg we use to do that all the time or old inside joke I should rememeber."

This is so interesting. I have very little emotions, but I think that my dad is Autistic, or at least on the Asperger's scale, and I'm certain I've adopted some of his mentality. My situation has changed a very little bit. When I turned 16 I actually started to get interests, but my emotions are nothing like others'. I have no friends, and couldn't care less. I make no emotional connection with people, and I can't remember people's names, or things that we've done together. It gets embarrassing and stressful at times, but I'm just being me.

In the end, you really don't have a problem at all, as long as you're happy, and you're not physically harming anyone else or yourself, then just keep doing what feels natural. The people that will accept you for who you are, will stay with you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply