It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2013, 03:57 PM   #1
(female)

chippewa HB User
Here for support and hopefully learn from other posters

I'm 60. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in '85, then degenerative disc, an eye muscle disorder and a handful of other things have come and gone and come back, such as depression and high blood pressure.

I own my home, and live alone. When life gets too frustrating I feel myself shut down and quit trying to keep up with physical activities such as house cleaning, or going outside, or going anywhere for that matter. Frustrations such as things breaking down, or with the fellow I'm seeing. He's my main inspiration.

Today I feel like a great deal of hope I've placed for my future lies with that relationship that isn't going where I'd been led to believe. As in I've had too much of living alone-19 years if you count back to when my child moved out on her own. I realized this weekend moving in together with me isn't on his to do list, and I felt myself give up again on myself.

I don't take antidepressants, though I have a few times for long stretches. I don't feel like that's the answer right now. But I know something's wrong because I keep crying today, which isn't like me. I can only think it's because I'm so disappointed. Even the Percocet I took today for pain management didn't work.

Maybe some support and some similar experiences might help. Thanks in advance.

Closed Thread