It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2013, 08:38 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

SolarBird HB User
I'd rather talk to my imaginary friends than my real ones... ?

So... This is my first post. I've been having some issues (I think ?) and I find that I'd be really embarrassed to talk to anyone I know about this. Ever since I can remember, I've talked to imaginary people. I guess imaginary isn't the best word though; I always "talk" to real people, ones I know, they just aren't actually there. I never speak to them out loud, it's like lip synching. Over the summer, I'd be home alone from the time I woke up (around 8/9) till 4, and I would literally do this all day. I've read that this isn't really abnormal or anything, unless it got in the way of my real life... Well.. It has, i think. O.o

I don't really go out much. I don't have a lot of friends. As far as I know, I'm not considered an outcast or anything, I just talk to a small group of people. But recently I've noticed that I'd rather talk to the imaginary versions of people than the real ones. Part of me kind of thinks it's because I don't want to say the wrong thing; if I'm talking to a real person and things get awkward or I say something and they react negatively, my mood changes dramatically. I'll either get severely depressed or extremely agitated/irritable, or both. When I talk to imaginary people, I can never say the wrong thing, because I get to control the whole situation and everyone's reactions. I've also started ignoring real people. But not at school or when I'm physically with people, it's just if I get a text or whatever. I won't respond, and I don't really think much about. Some people have told me they want to talk to me and get upset when I just stop answering. But it's like I don't care, or don't think about the repercussions. I just want to be a normal teenager. ): Can anyone explain to me why this is happening, how to fix it, and/or if someone has the same thing ?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread