It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mesothelioma Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2007, 04:35 PM   #1
(female)

aahmann HB User
Peritoneal Mesothelioma

My mother was diagnosed with peritoneal Mesothelioma in November of 2006. At the time of diagnosis we were told that she could either try chemo or they would set her up with hospice. She choose the chemo. My mom has always been a strong person, and so far so good with the Chemo. She currently recieves alimta and cisplatin and her treatments are every three weeks. She first had fluid drained off of her stomach in november and they took three liters. Last week was about her fifth time with have fluid and drained and they only took 1/2 a liter, so we are hoping that the chemo is doing something. I was wondering if anyone else knows of anyone or was diagnosed with this form of mesothelioma. Everything I have read so far as pertained to the lungs. I would really like to hear advice or how people have done with chemo for this particular type of mesothelioma.

Old 02-14-2007, 04:55 PM   #2
(female)

Kaybo21 HB User
Re: Peritoneal Mesothelioma

My Mom was also diagnosed with Peritonal Mesothelioma (July 2005). When hers was found it had already spread to one of her lungs. Her prognosis was Terminal but started on Cisplatin/Gemzar combo for I believe 3 rounds. Then we stopped for a while and her stomach became filled with fluid, so bad she could not get comfortable. She was told that there wasn't anything else to do and we called hospice. In the meantime her best friend who is very religious prayed on her and within one week the fluid went down to normal. She then started a trial with Dana Farber in Boston and had two full rounds. That stopped working and she is now on Alimpta sp? and has had two full rounds. We go for a CT Scan on the 22nd. Both my sister and I are there for her with every chemo treatment and then some. She has been a real trooper through this although has had lots of depression especially at the beginning. Please hang in there, we thought the worst and certaintly didn't expect Mom to be with us 17 months later but she is. There is alway hope. Stay positive and keeping fighting. It is a miracle from God that Mom is still with us and I'm praying that is continues. My heart goes out to you and your Mom. Please keep the Faith and don't give up.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-16-2007, 03:24 PM   #3
(female)

aahmann HB User
Re: Peritoneal Mesothelioma

Thanks for your response. Has your mom ever had to have the fluid drained from her stomach. My mother has it done about every three weeks right before her chemo. It is kind of frustrating right now, her DR. can't seem to tell us why they won't do any testing to see if the chemo is helping. She said it wouldn't show up on any tests. I was unable to attend the last Dr. appt, but this one I will and I am hoping to push her a little more. How often does your mom have chemo? and I will keep you in my prayers!!!!

Old 12-09-2008, 03:36 AM   #4
(male)

nathon HB User
Thumbs up Re: Peritoneal Mesothelioma

can i ask you about what is the solution for Peritoneal Mesothelioma?

Closed Thread