It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mesothelioma Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2007, 07:28 AM   #1
(female)

onetruefriend HB User
info

i am after some info honestly cos i know what the future holds with this illness . i want to know what to expect now at the stage my mothers at . she was diagnosed oct 2005 she had chemo from sept 2006 to jan 2007 she was ok till about 6 weeks ago she was feeling vey unwell she was taken in to hospital 2 weeks ago they said she had servere lung infection she came out of hospital friday and infection clear she has experienced horrific pain for 8 weeks she is now on morphine tablets and oramorph whenever she has really bad pain doc said it has moved and covered bottom back and top of lung and sent her home to be with family . how long did your relatives have left at this point what are your experiences please be truthfull

Old 04-09-2007, 12:43 AM   #2
(female)

onetruefriend HB User
Re: info

well she is still hanging in there she is at home. i just feel she is sitting waiting for death she does not get ready all day and just sits on the settee all day or in bed . she is taking 40 mg morphine in morning and night orahmorph when needed and paracetamol and ibrufufen throughout the day. but she still experiences quite bad pain sometimesd through the day but most at night why? she also is hardly eating she wants too but is vomiting quite a lot anyone relate to this? her pain started in lower back of lung gradually worked its way to top back of lung area but now it is front breast area the consultant says it is cos the diease engulfs the lung gradually and she may start to need oxygen but thats the strange thing she hasw never had any problem with breathing at all why if it sufforcates the lung is this. she keeps saying she wishes it was all over as she is sick of feeling so bad.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2007, 01:46 PM   #3
(female)

JPSund HB User
Re: info

Hi there onetruefriend. So sorry to hear what you and your family are going through right now. Stay strong. My thoughts are with you.

Closed Thread