It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mesothelioma Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2007, 12:45 PM   #1
(female)

serinity HB User
help

what are the appropriate tests for asbestos? My husband who is 35 has worked around it. He is in construction and has been for 15 years. The doctors cant figure out what is wrong with him. It started with fever and chills and cough on March 8th, he went to the doc the 10th. Doc said bronchitis and gave him z pack and singulair and a albuterol inhaler. His fever and everything went away but he had a hard time breathing so he went back to the doc. Doc said he was still having a hard time breathing so he gave additional inhalers and said he could have copd. A couple days later went for a chest xray. It was fine.Husband still having alot of breathlessness so we went to another doc who said he sounded like he still had infection so he gave him levaquin, a week of steroids and duo neb treatments. He also did an ekg which was fine.He finished his meds thinking the steroids would open him up. They didnt. So back to doc. ( he got short of breath at work and dizzy and had to come home)Doc said well maybe you could have copd. We will get a cardio consult and lung function tests and a chest ct.That was on this past tuesday.I did not hear from the office concerning the tests . Yesterday he was very breathless and had pain in chest and in back, so off we go to er. They acted as if it was a heart attack. But the tests showed it wasnt. They did a ct of chest. It was fine! ER doc said the good news was ct was clear bad news was she didnt know why he was breathing like that, but they discharged him with chest pain/shortness of breath of unknown origion, and said to follow up with pulmonology and cardiology.We have an appt with cardio in the morning and pulm thursday. It made me think of asbestos because he had worked around it. Any suggestions?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-03-2007, 09:45 PM   #2
(male)

GaryR HB User
Re: help

My dad has had meso for 14 months and all I can say is that if your husband has the same thing I'm very surprised that the x ray and ct scan don't reveal anything. Usually there is a lot of fluid on the lung. Dad had 3.5 litres drained off from one lung and if you search this site you will see that others have had a similar experience.

I hope that you soon find out what is causing his suffering.

GaryR

Old 04-05-2007, 01:57 PM   #3
(female)

DEB16 HB User
Re: help

My Dad Had A Chest X-ray In Aug 06 After Complaining Of Being Breathless Which Came Back Clear, After Week's Of Horrendus Back Pain We Took Him To A&e Where He Had A Ct Scan Which Showed 3 Tumour's On His Right Lung, After A Week In Hospital Where He Had A Biopsy He Was Diagnosed On 27th Oct With Mesothelioma.

Closed Thread