It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mesothelioma Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2007, 04:05 AM   #1
(female)

Gap2007 HB User
Unhappy Possibly Mesothelioma?

I know I have posted a few time about my husband, but I was wondering if he might possibly have peritoneal mesothelioma? He was in the Coast Guard for 14 years working on ships and in ship yards plus we as a family were exposed to asbestos during a renovation of government housing. this was at least 20 years ago. For the past two years he has had abdominal pain that has progressively gotten worse, his stomach is so much bigger than the rest of his body, he has high calcium levels in his blood and he has stopped doing everything. I am watching him slip away right in front of my eyes. In his sleep he moans in pain and his legs shake constantly and he doesn't even know he's doing it. This is a man that has prided himself on handling pain. He now takes vicadin, xanax, and flexerall for the pain. He is to have surgery tomorrow on his parathyroid because they are somewhat sure that is what is causing all of this, but we haven't even asked about mesothelioma being a possibility. Should we consider this? It is so hard to watch someone so strong an vibrant, at 47, suffer so badly, go downhill and stop doing everything he loves because he is so tired and is in so much pain. Any advice would be welcome.

Old 11-15-2007, 05:28 AM   #2
(male)

jdev34 HB User
Re: Possibly Mesothelioma?

I am so sorry to hear about your husband. I know that ships can contain asbestos which is the only known cause for mesothelioma. There are a lot of resources that discuss mesothelioma. The bottom line is, I am very sorry to learn about your husband and it disgusts me to know that in most incidents of Mesothelioma, it was completely preventable.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-15-2008, 11:32 PM   #3
(male)

nathon HB User
Re: Possibly Mesothelioma?

I am sorry to listen about your husband. According to me there are three types of treatment of mesothelioma. Standard treatment options include surgery, radiation therapy, and chemotherapy. you can also check your family Doctor.

Closed Thread