It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mesothelioma Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2008, 06:10 PM   #1
(female)

cozjoe2 HB User
Question Trying to find support group - I have peritoneal mesothelioma

Hello,
I am a 36yo female, married, mother of four young children (22mths to 11yo). I had my first operation on 1st Feb this year then followed up with chemo. On 12th August I had a peritonectomy (operation) and I am due to start chemo again on 17th Nov.
Needing to talk to anyone who has had this or willing to chat. Very had to talk to hubby, he gets too upset. So everything is bottled up! And I can't find a support group.
They say I was exposed when I went to work with my Dad as a young child.
Coz

Old 11-02-2008, 02:07 AM   #2
(female)

linda64 HB User
Re: Trying to find support group - I have peritoneal mesothelioma

Hi Cozjoe
I do not know personally about any support groups for mesothelioma but have you tried the website for the Cancer Council. website is [url]www.cancercouncil.com.au[/url]. They have a lot of information and if you cant find what your looking for you could probably give them a call and they may be able to find out if there is anything in your local area or how to go about finding out.
I wish you and your family all the best.
take care Linda.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-07-2008, 03:39 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

matchstickman HB User

there are lots of helpful resources online about the subject

Last edited by matchstickman; 11-07-2008 at 03:41 AM.

Old 11-09-2008, 06:23 PM   #4
(female)

cozjoe2 HB User

Thank you both... I already know everything there is to know... I was really searching for that voice on the other end of the phone or someone that is willing to talk about how it is for them and willing to listen in return.
Truly thank you.. I just feel very alone...

Old 11-21-2008, 06:02 AM   #5
(female)

charliesangel38 HB User

hi, im new to this but after readingyour post felt i had to reply. Firstly, let me say how brave u are, to get this awful disease at such a young age must be terrifying.

My dad died in 2006 of mesothelioma, he was 67. At the inquest i was asked if i had sat on his lap when he came home from work and did my mum shake his clothes out, it worrys me to think it may comeout in me.

have u spoken to your hospital about a support group, i also think that cancer research must have a support group.

lastly, i hope the treatment works for you and that you get more time with your family. good luck .

Old 01-21-2009, 05:35 PM   #6
(female)

cozjoe2 HB User

Thank you for you reply.
Chemo is on track and it is knocking me around a bit, but it is just like everyone else and we all have our days.
Yes they have placed it down to when I went to work with my dad as a young child is where I was exposed and sitting on his lap everyday when he came home. But there are five of us kids, mum and dad and his work partner, but I was the one dealt the unlucky card and now I just have to play the card I have been dealt.
I'm good - it's my family that this has really taken it's toll on - and that's the hardest thing to watch. (Even though you try to shelter them from how you really are feeling - the look of what the chemo and medication has done to your body is enough to give it away.)
I will beat this one way or another. if not chemo than I already have a natural - herbal cancer cure ready to start when I finish the chemo. I will not give in. I intend to see my youngest get to at least 21years old, so I have at least another 19 years to go...... It will take me that long to organise everything in this house anyway.
Anyway, thanks once again and hears praying you didn't breath anything in while giving your dad your love , hugs and kisses when little.

Last edited by cozjoe2; 01-21-2009 at 05:37 PM.

Old 02-12-2009, 06:45 PM   #7
(female)

misE08 HB User

Hi, I am so sorry to hear of your situation. My father had peritoneal Mesothelioma. I would love to answer any questions you have or if you would just like to talk...I know of no support groups but I think one needs to be started, b/c I always wished to have talked to someone that knew more than I did. I have spoke to another gentleman that has this as well and was just diagnosed but he will not speak to anyone, wants no visitors or lawyer....so that isnt much help. I will pray for you and your family and wish you the absolute best.....God Bless Mis

Closed Thread