I would like some advice, please. I have recently found that our garage roof is made of asbestos and so am going to remove it. I have been very anxious and therefore reading a lot about asbestos on the Internet. One thing that I found was a photo of a boiler with asbestos insulation in a bad state around it. It was exactly how our boiler looked in the house my siblings and I grew up in.
My mother has had thyroid problems and breathing problems due to a salicitate (don't know how to spell it, sorry) allergy. My two brothers and I have problems with our throats, enlarged necks, itchy ears, phlegm, itchy noses and short term memory loss. Are these asbestos-related symptoms?
From what I have read, there is no cure at all to asbestos-related diseases. Is this true?