It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mesothelioma Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2012, 03:13 PM   #1
(male)

jeff880 HB User
How to ask employer whether i am exposed to asbestos or not.

2 months ago I got a job working for a very fancy tiling company. I work in their warehouse and office as a semi janitor and semi warehouse worker. When I got the job the only warning they gave me was that the job was "dirty". Since I'm only 19, any job is a good job and I don't mind getting dirty. However, sometimes they do demolition jobs and bring back the rubble in trucks to dump in the garbage near our warehouse. My boss has asked me twice to help unload these trucks. Personally, I have no idea where this stuff is coming from and am worried that this rubble has asbestos in them. Also most of the workers that go out to the demolition jobs are FOB so I'm getting the feeling that the owner doesn't really care at all about safety despite the fact that we do send out air filters (which essentially just turn everything in the room into an aerosol can when there is a ton of dust). I have no idea how to ask my boss if I'm exposed to asbestos without sounding like I'm about to blow the whistle and bring in 50 EPA agents which would obviously get me fired. Please help.

Closed Thread