It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mesothelioma Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2013, 05:30 PM   #1
(female)

please help 111 HB User
Mesothelioma

I am new to this board and was looking for some information. My husband passed away from Mesothelioma about 8 months ago. My children seem to think that I should talk to someone about my husbands rights. Can anyone suggest what my first step should be if any?

Old 07-19-2013, 05:15 PM   #2
(female)

Simmo33 HB User
Re: Mesothelioma

I don't know if it is the same in America but in England the central government have a specific web page re asbestos cancer and all the information for making a claim is on the web site. Not sure how helpful this is

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-19-2013, 06:46 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User

I just read on the news that back between 1950-1961 some cancervirus was given in polio vaccines. Great huh? They mentioned meso too along with brain tumors. Said a lot of cases of meso are now coming from this and not asbestos. It was on thecdc site but they took it off it said. Cathy

Old 10-02-2013, 08:29 AM   #4
(female)

nancy1ann HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by please help 111 View Post
I am new to this board and was looking for some information. My husband passed away from Mesothelioma about 8 months ago. My children seem to think that I should talk to someone about my husbands rights. Can anyone suggest what my first step should be if any?
You MUST contact a mesothelioma attorney with in I beleive 3 years..do not hesitiate...there is money for victims set aside for this horrid disease..My sister is going through it now, 3 year survivor...and has successfully, and rightly, so , recieved compenstation....I also believe my dad passed from this disease, however, in 1988 , it was not even discussed!!!! good luck ...stay strong...contact an attorne.,..1st step!

Old 10-18-2013, 07:25 PM   #5
(female)

Marie 67 HB User

Nancy1ann is right, there is an attorney that has a class action suit. I can't remember his name. You could probably do a search and find out and contact them and be referred to someone in your own state. My uncle died from this over 20 years ago. He was a roofer by trade. His daughter, my cousin has it as well. She's in her 50's now. She got it from second hand exposure. My aunt was also tested and did not have it. My cousin was a daddy's girl and she would sit on his lap frequently. The asbestos was probably all over his clothing and it is suspected that this is the way that she came in contact with it. My aunt and uncle had two other children her older brother and her younger sister. He doesn't have it either and nobody knows about the youngest as she died around 10 years ago of a heart attack. She was 43. Out of a family of 5, it will claim 2 lives. This disease kills you slowly. I don't think there is anything short of a lung transplant that would eliminate this disease. Everyday products that we use for our existence have effects on our health and the lesson that should be learned from the asbestos tragedy is before new materials for whatever purpose they may be for, should be thoroughly tested and evaluated before the product is put in the market for consumers to buy or workers to do their jobs with. Two things come to mind when I think about this. I tend to feel that plastic containers or at least certain kinds of plastic containers are not safe to keep edible things in. I've heard controversy over how safe microwave ovens are. If one consumes soda from aluminum cans you are consuming traces of that aluminum. While small amounts are not harmful at one time, if you keep consuming over a long period of time you are very liable to have a build up of that kind of heavy metal in the body. There is no other alternative except plastic which I believe is just as bad or worse. Glass is probably the safest thing to keep consumable things inside for market or storage. Yet purchasing foods kept in glass is becoming more and more difficult. High fructose corn syrup isn't metabolized by the body the same way that natural sugar is. It has greatly contributed to the increase of overweight individuals in our population in the last 25 years. That is about the time that the soft drink manufacturers switched from natural sugar to the corn syrup because it is alot cheaper and easier to transport. If you want coca-cola made from real sugar like I prefer, you have to get it from Mexico. It comes in glass bottles as well. But the expense is great at over $1.00 for 12oz. I've commented to the soft drink companies that they should offer natural sugar as an alternative to fructose corn syrup. Even if they have to price it alittle more I would pay the dollar more per case or pack for it. Any soft drink users out there that feel this way about your health?

Reply Reply