It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Military Health Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2004, 08:27 AM   #1

TheSuz HB User
mycoplasma fermentans

I am not, nor have I had any contact with the gulf war, yet I've been very sick, and just recently I tested positive for mycoplasma fermentans. For many years I was treated as possibly having Lyme disease, yet the blood work proved negative. Just recently, I started having a reoccuring rash on my palm of my right hand, and a few on my torso. They come and go, I was told that that was the mycoplasm. I am very disabled, I have severe spinal pain, never ending headaches, cold sweats. My feet feel as if they are frostbitten. The worse the feeling of cold in my feet, the worse are these drenching sweats. I also have episodes of severe sensitvity to odors. I am a nurse, and became ill in 1991. However it wasn't until this past August that I started to really spiral downhill. I am all alone, except for the support of my elderly Mother. My sisters don't believe I'm ill, nor do they visit. Mom took me to a new MD and he is the one who tested me for this bacteria. I was told it is a common thread to GWS. Is this true and if so, does anyone else share this degree of disability. What is it? I'm reading things that I do not like about it. Biowar fare, public testing.....Cripes!
The CDC has nothing on this germ. Any takers on this one? Thanks

Old 04-26-2004, 12:14 PM   #2

willkula HB User
Re: mycoplasma fermentans

Hi there. I too am becoming more and more convinced of a microbial culprit in the long list of symptoms we all seem to have in common. I posted here recently on the communicable aspect and how two past sexual partners are having all the symptoms of this unknown syndrome. If it is communicable, it has to be microbial. There is alot of info on the net about mycoplasma's role in CFS, GWS, and Fibro type illnesses, and some pretty convincing stats. I cant say that mine has reached a point where im experiencing frost bite type problems of the extremities, but have most everything else. It is disconcerting to have to deal with this in life as if there are not enough other trials to face. I encourage you to investigate your situation and let us know how its going.

Will

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2004, 01:42 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Dear Maggie HB User
The blood regulates temperature

Please check the blood.

Also, note more info on other most recent posts, this thread.

Of course others don't understand. You look OK. This is a very sad feature of the 'gulf war syndrome' symptoms (which is what I call them whenever they are present)

Did you know the CFS definition that CDC put out in 1988 (& even the revised one of 1995) is actually a definition of Gulf War Syndrome?

They say you have to have a debilitating fatigue that comes on & lasts 6 months or longer ... that no known cause of fatigue exists for ... and you have to have a number of other seemingly unrelated things, too: short term memory loss, aching joints ... you know the list

PS

On the reoccurring rash. This is most likely your body's way of signaling when you are using something with butyl ether (even the ethylene glycol monobutyl ether). So note what you are doing differently or too frequently when the rash shows up. I have a chemical rash that recurs on my side. It was from leaning over a bathtub and cleaning with something that contained this chemical. It is gone most of the time now, but even taking medication can cause this to flare up. (My own personal, beware)

Becoming sensitive to fragrances, yes this is part of the package. Once you have had too much exposure to chemicals, then any chemicals can set you off. By the way, hospitals do clean with a lot of hazardous products, just ask IMUS

Last edited by Dear Maggie; 05-01-2004 at 02:00 AM.

Old 06-06-2004, 10:32 PM   #4

ShatteredLife2 HB User

You have become infected somehow like the soldiers apparently. I am sick also so you are not alone. Apparently you don't have the really bad part of this illness- you should feel fortunate that you aren't in severe pain like I am on a daily basis! Fatigue is only a small part of this illness. I believe it utimately kills in the long run so enjoy your life while you have it...

Old 06-06-2004, 10:37 PM   #5

ShatteredLife2 HB User

I don't know much about the mycoplasma fermentans, I was diagnosed with having Mycoplasma Infection instead.

Last edited by ShatteredLife2; 06-19-2004 at 07:58 PM.

Old 06-07-2004, 05:04 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

Dear Maggie HB User
others do not understand

... but if they only knew ...

Just wondering whether or not you have been told that you have too many immature red blood cells?

Do you?

Old 12-28-2004, 11:13 PM   #7
(male)

HAPKIDAN HB User
Unhappy Re: mycoplasma fermentans

I have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia as a result of an
infection from Mycoplasma Fermentans, I have had some symptoms that have been very strange since I had an affair with this girl that was married to a army reservist she was a home counselor for the wifeís of the men who were over seas. I never had problems till after her. I started to have bladder pain and difficulty urinating. Then I took a flight to Florida and within about 4 hours after landing is when it hit me. Extreme aches and pains all over my body and legs. Just a feeling of feeling like crap. Then when I got back home. 2000 miles later I felt ok. I did not know what to think neither did my doctors. They said it was all in my head. The next thing I knew I was getting ill again by the end of the summer 2003. And by Christmas I begin to worsen by dizziness and extreme fatigue. Well The Dr's sent me to Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN and they could not find anything wrong with me. Except that I needed nasal surgery. So I had it done to get rid of the dizziness and it just made things worse. By mid summer I started to Hallucinate with extreme body fatigue, Impotence, and severe constipation that lasted nearly 2 months. And I became malnutritioned as I could not eat nor drink. My anxiety went through the roof and I went nuts. I went from 200lbs down too 148lbs in 17 days. Next thing I knew is I ended up in the state hospital still hallucinating, and my anxiety daily was crazy!!!!!! I thought I was going to die the way my anxiety was. Like I was climbing out of my skin for 8 hours at a time daily. I ended up tube fed and over dosed on neuroleptic drugs in mass forms. I finally got released from there, and within a month I was off all meds except my meds for blood pressure. after coming off the meds for nearly a month and a half I kept getting these extreme electrical head rush's that would go straight down my arms and too my toes. I also have permanent movement of my left toes and my left arm likes to move by its self at times. The about a month ago I started to get these fasciculation body twitches everywhere!!!!!! I mean they drove me crazy, the I became impotent again for 4 days, talk about spooky. Then a couple days later all my joints started to crack and pop even my neck. My neck sounds like it is going to break in the mornings. I got the chills daily. Then my joints started to hurt and my muscles began to weaken, I then got muscle pain all over and my knees would lock up. Now since this past week since I went to this homeopathy DR. He prescribed me some stuff called SEPTASTAT. It has many strange ingredients in it. Lots of poisons in it like snake venom, and spider venom and different kinds of poisoness plants. He is the guy that diagnosed me with M.Fermentans. I have noticed some change, Chills have lessoned, and also my fasciculation muscle twitches have lessoned. But I have only been on it for a week. Before he put me on it I also noticed I have had a problem with extra saliva production, Thick Phlegm that I always find myself coughing up. And some sneezing and a crimson red throat. Is this truly M, Fermentans? Also my family Dr wants me to do more testing of my blood with the test called PCR. Polymerase Chain Reaction to see if this homeopathic guy is actually correct and what should be done. He says it can be cured. Is there really hope? Or thanks to our government! have we been handed a death sentence? If anyone has experienced the same or similar please respond.

Last edited by HAPKIDAN; 12-31-2004 at 08:40 PM.

Old 01-09-2005, 01:52 PM   #8
(female)

GulfVet2 HB User

Suz ... a doctor quite familiar with mycoplasma fermentans would be Dr. Garth Nicholson. His web site is: [url]http://www.immed.org/index.htm[/url]
You can find information there.

Closed Thread