It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Military Health Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2005, 04:39 AM   #1
(male)

Dallton HB User
the newest guy seaching for more info.

hello everyone i guess i'am the newbie.I'am gulf war vet who served with the 3rd amphbious assault battlion.Was with task force Ripper when the ground war started.When i first got back i really didn't allow my self to believe there was something wrong with me.I guess it was a Marine thing "to tuff to admitt that there where problems mental & physical".Now I'am 32 yrs. old & feel like i'am 60 most days.When i went for my gulf war regisation exam back in 94 the doc told my that physicaly i was fine however i suffured from depression.I responded by telling him to go back to school,laughed & got up and left.Around 97 i really started feeling the joint pain, guess i always had some pain but again that Marine thing.So with alot of pushing from famaily i went back to the va.Once again i was told that depression was my problem.I've complained,yelled & even promised one doc bodily harm if he stated there is'nt anything wrong with me.Now at the present time i'am suffering from PTSD.I also have a very high ANA count 1:1600 but yet still no help with the pain.Except of course for their mircale drug ibuprfen 800mg, 2-3 pills just to be able to go to work in the mornings.We will win this "war" too,it's just taking us alot longer this time. Keep on keeping on, Semper Fi Dallton

Last edited by Dallton; 01-19-2005 at 04:43 AM.

Old 02-22-2005, 02:10 AM   #2
(female)

reese7673 HB User
Re: the newest guy seaching for more info.

My hsband was in the middle east and suffers from a lot of the same problems. We believe his is form a series of anthrax shots - very upsetting - depression, severe joint pain, black outs. He went into the military a runner, a martial artist and is now limited with what he can do and in constant joint pain. No help from VA - noone wants to admit problem. Any progress you make, would love to know about. [ please carefully review the posting rules - no emails ]

Last edited by moderator2; 02-22-2005 at 07:04 AM. Reason: use these boards anonymously only as per the posting rules

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread