It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Military Health Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2005, 07:28 PM   #1
(male)

semperfi62 HB User
Lightbulb High Cholesterol levels anyone

I too have the same symptoms listed for GWS and then some, just wondering how many have abnormally high cholesterol levels.

About 4 years ago I was having trouble with panic attacks and went for a check up, the doc said I was trying to have a heart attack and put me in the hospital right away, scared me pretty bad.
Anyway the problem was STRESS which I had a great deal of at work, and my bad choleterol was 380, my good cholesterol was 0, the doc said unstress, stop smoking, no fried foods, no caffine, and no sex, I told him I had to have the coffe, ahahaha, but really I was in bad shape and on the verge of a heart attack at 40.
Next day I quite my great paying job, tried to unstress for the rest of the year, but the problems kept coming, ie.. fatigue, sleeplessness, irratable, headaces, joint pain, muscle pain, depression, on and on and on, some of the synptoms I have had for a few years.
Now i feel so bad every day its had to get up from a chair , i have no energy or ambition, motivation, concentration, just really dont care, when I know i really do.
My wife and family dont understand and think Im just lazy and dont want to do anything, my poor kids think I dont love them since I cant find the energy to play ball with them.

The real thing that gets me is that, usually I cant even have a conversation with people because I cant find the energy to talk, Im not having a hard time breathing, just a hard time having the energy to breath or talk.

I've read alot of the post on this site, and the symptoms are very wide in range, one building on another, some have symptoms others dont, some went overseas during the gulf war, some did not, all have symptoms.

Im not a conspiricy theorist, but I think the illness started with the shots, and built on from there,ie after arriving in country some came in contact with the oil field smoke causing additional problems, some came in contact with fall out from scuds, some tick and flea bites, and all were exposed to mininjitus ( sorry for the spelling) which is very wide and prevealnt in the middle east, so combining factors can explain different but similar symptoms, and then there is the possability that chemical or bio was used, but I think if old saddam had them he would have used them, once he understood he was getting his butt kicked, after all he used them on his own people, why not us his hated enemy.

I along with a couple of other plattons got the shot (anthrax) I assume, that made us all very ill for over a week, couldnt move, felt like my skin was on fire, high fever, sick at my stomach, generally felt like I had the mother of all flu's, we were told to never give blood after this shot, but not told what it was, and I did ask, but was told not to worry it would help keep me alive.

So, i feel like walking death at age 43, lost files, no DD214, no VA, no Med.
just been sucking it up, hoping some day my file will magically reappear.

Its time we as DESERVING VETERANS stood up and let the GOV. see us in person, i mean a march on the Capital, its worked for others why not us, they have to be responsible for us, as we held up our end of the bargin by going, and serving, I for one would be in the front of the pack, because its been long enough and I want true answers, no more Agent Orange crap.

Semperfi

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-28-2005, 10:54 PM   #2
(female)

mcelroy21 HB User
Re: High Cholesterol levels anyone

Semperfi62, I was in the AF and was sent to the gulf and I did receive the anthrax shot. I have some symptoms similar to yours, skin, heat sensitivty, joint pains, etc, The worst one of all is the fatigue. I cannot do what I once could. I used to exercise everyday and now its all I can do to put in a 8 hour day. I have had to make adjustments--very limited social life (practically no social life), house is a mess and the yard suffers. I do what I can do when I can do it. Anyway, about your DD 214--did you try your state veterans representative? Depending on if you are east of the mississippi river or west of the mississippi different offices may have a copy of your DD 214. West--check the county veterans offices from where you were discharged to. The town you listed as your destination upon your departure from the MC. East--check your state veterans affairs office. On the web all state representatives are listed--just type in 'state veterans organizations" and you should get their web site. Have you also tried the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) website? You can request you rrecords from them directly and is a lot faster than the VA Regional Offices or mailing in a SF 150. I am under the belief that we served as guinea pigs for the anthrax shot.

Closed Thread