It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Military Health Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2005, 03:49 PM   #1
(female)

PissedOfWife HB User
Wifes of Gulf War Soldiers

Hi Everyone
This is my first time to this board under this username i have read and viewed under my husbands username..After reading all about the Gulf war illness and seeing what my husband has gone throught as well as myself..
i am really discussed with the goverment and the Va how they used and abused these soldiers and now there familys as wifes including myself has some symptom and there children thankfully my husband and i dont have any childern together..I have made this fight with the goverment and the Va my fight for all .Im Canadian and just found out the Canadian troops that served in 1991 Storm/Shield are better looked after then the Us Soldiers as well i have learned that the British troops also are fighting for the help they need..IF anyone has any information that will help me help you guys in your fight please let me know

Sincerly yours Susan

Last edited by PissedOfWife; 09-30-2005 at 03:59 PM.

Old 05-19-2006, 07:55 AM   #2
(female)

Tinkerbelltxen3 HB User
Smile Re: Wifes of Gulf War Soldiers

Hello.
I too am the wife of a Gulf War vet still serving in the Army today. He too has struggled with alot of problems til this day he still struggles. I am also that of mother to a Gulf War syndrome Baby, she is now 11. She has deformities of the ear and eyes and she has scolosis 9 1/2 percent so far of her spine. She is ADD and somewhat mentally handicapped, she has learning problems and social problems, she is that of an 11yr old but mind set of a 5yr old. We had gotten a letter years ago from FortWorth a hospital was running test to check the gulf war babies but at the time we had nothing to get there on and my husband was getting ready to come back into the service. She as well as Thyriod problems, opposite of mine though i am hyper she is hypo and not much of a trace in the family for either one of them. I also have another daughter born one year after my oldest who stymes from ADHD problems to bad mood temperments beyond anything i had ever seen. My son now 7 also has milk allgery problems and ADHD problems all problems we believe to be the gulf war syndrome babies. And yet there is no real magnet of help for them except to really treat the symptoms as they come about and live with the rest and try to love them and care for them as all parents should do. it will be a long time before the goverment acknowledges them as gulf war syndrome babies if they ever really do. So reall the best we can do is support one another through the rough and bad times and praise god on all the rest. take care and god bless.
Still a Army Wife

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread