It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Military Health Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2007, 02:26 PM   #1
(male)

collynjr HB User
multple undiagnosed conditions

I am a Desert Storm veteran who served near kamasiya, iraq in march of 1991. For any one who doesnt know what that is, it was the site where us army engineers destroyed an open pit of chemical weapons. I served with 3/73 armor 82nd airborne division. kamasiya was near talill airbase. I currently am suffering from ptsd,anxiety disorders, temper control problems, muscular pain and severe muscular twitching,chronic joint pain,neurologocal problems,blurred vision almost daily,dizziness every day all day ,stroke type symptoms, memory problems, gastric disorders, head aches,and rashes that I get every year around the same time. My unit was within within a 3 kilometer circle from where they destoyed the chemical weapons at and the day they destroyed the weapons, myself and 7 other people from our maitenance team were out scavenging parts off of vehicles and were close enough to the site to see debree fall to the ground after the explosion. we were all over vehicles that had been hit by depleted uranium. Two of the chemicals that I was told by Department Of Defense were syrin gas and cyclosarin gas which are both nerve agents. I was also exposed to CARC paint which is what they use on military vehicles. It stands for chemical agent restant coating. Myself and 2 other people pulled 8 hour shifts for 2 weeks painting our unit vehicles with carc paint. I also took the PB pills that we ordered to take the night the air war started. Along with the shots that were given that mysteriouly have no shot record with. I was exposed to many different things and all I know is that I have been sick every since returning from Desert Storm and know one seems to be able to find out why. I am currently 40% service connected disabled and that is getting ready to go up. I strongly recommend to all vets and active duty personel to get copies of your service medical records and any thing that anyone is being seen for at a VA facility. Good luck with all your endevors. My last name is Lorimer and I served with the 82nd airborne from October 0f 88 until December of 94.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-20-2007, 07:43 PM   #2
(female)

Elizabeth1979 HB User
Re: multple undiagnosed conditions

Hi! I am very disturbed by your post. I donít know if I want to scream or cry. I was stationed at Tallil AB at the beginning of OPERATION IRAQI FREEDOM in 2003. I got sick while deployed, but not sick like I am now. I have been to so many doctors especially over the last 6 months. I am very ill now and feel like my life will never be the same. I experience pretty much all the same symptoms you describe. I really thought I was going crazy. I am only 27 years old and some days I feel like Iím going on 90. I have days where I can barely lift my 8 month old 17 lb daughter. Those days are especially emotional, because I donít feel like I can be the mother or wife I use to be. None of the doctors can figure out what is wrong with me. I am seeing a doctor now who seems determined to figure out what is wrong. My platelet, white blood, and red blood counts have been all over the place since I have been back. I am suppose to have a biopsy done of my intestine at my next appointment. I change careers and now I am having a hard time keeping up. I feel like Iím killing myself some days, just to take care of my children. I would like to correspond with you and get any information the doctors have given you, and any new information you may get. I will do the same for you. I feel like it is going to take a miracle to find out what is wrong at this point. I am still hopeful that there might at least be a treatment. I need my life back. My husband was also at Tallil AB. He has had some type of allergic skin condition since he has been back. It is called herticarea.

Old 03-20-2007, 07:43 PM   #3
(female)

Elizabeth1979 HB User

Hi! I am very disturbed by your post. I donít know if I want to scream or cry. I was stationed at Tallil AB at the beginning of OPERATION IRAQI FREEDOM in 2003. I got sick while deployed, but not sick like I am now. I have been to so many doctors especially over the last 6 months. I am very ill now and feel like my life will never be the same. I experience pretty much all the same symptoms you describe. I really thought I was going crazy. I am only 27 years old and some days I feel like Iím going on 90. I have days where I can barely lift my 8 month old 17 lb daughter. Those days are especially emotional, because I donít feel like I can be the mother or wife I use to be. None of the doctors can figure out what is wrong with me. I am seeing a doctor now who seems determined to figure out what is wrong. My platelet, white blood, and red blood counts have been all over the place since I have been back. I am suppose to have a biopsy done of my intestine at my next appointment. I change careers and now I am having a hard time keeping up. I feel like Iím killing myself some days, just to take care of my children. I would like to correspond with you and get any information the doctors have given you, and any new information you may get. I will do the same for you. I feel like it is going to take a miracle to find out what is wrong at this point. I am still hopeful that there might at least be a treatment. I need my life back. My husband was also at Tallil AB. He has had some type of allergic skin condition since he has been back. It is called herticarea.

Old 03-21-2007, 12:56 AM   #4
(female)

Teacupforme HB UserTeacupforme HB User

I am really sorry to hear about what you are going through. I just wanted to ask if you are also experiencing any increased sensitivity or intolerance to cleaners/dyes/shampoos/soaps/parfumes?

Old 03-24-2007, 01:44 PM   #5
(male)

collynjr HB User

thank you for the responses. Talill Air Base is between 15 to 18 klicks northwest of Khamisiyah. An Nasiriyah is the closest town to Talill. I to date have not recieved a positive diagnosis. Myblood counts have also been all over the place. I have also had some type of liver damage. I have not really noticed a sensitivity to any perfumes or any thing like that. Cigarette smokes bothers me sometimes which is dumb because I am a smoker. I was hosptalized for three days two weeks after returning home from desert storm because of abdominal pains. My white blood count was at 13800 which is way over where it should have been. I had all all kinds of tests done including a camera down my throat and an ultra sound of my abdomen which said I had liver changes then. Thats when I was 20. Ihave lost contact with the guys I served with , although I did run into one last year I only had time to talk to him briefly,but I asked him if he was expeincing any health problems and he just laughed. Hopefully I can get back in touch with him and see if he has any similiar conditions. Good luck.

Old 03-26-2007, 06:28 PM   #6
(male)

specialdelivery HB User

All:

Not sure this is related, but it is quite compelling. In order to clean up lead contamination from outdoor firing ranges in a more cost effective manner, the military developed a process called phytoremediation. This involves the planting and ultimate disposal of plants that remove the lead from the contaminated soil. Where this gets interesting -it's been determined that the uptake of lead in the plants can be drastically increased (hyperaccumulators) with the application of (1)acetic acid and (2) a chelating agent-causing a slight decrease in the ph level in the soil.

Why might this be relevant? Formic acid is chemically closest to acetic acid. In a paper called the **Barcelona Report, (1) formic acid is a chemical breakdown component of aspartame (Nutrasweet or 'artificial flavor') stored inside the body. The FDA initially held off on approving aspartame as a food additive because the intact molecule was itself thought to be a (2) chelating agent.

The lead-pH connection is the key. An acidic pH is otherwise brought about from an acid forming diet, emotional stress, toxic overload, and/or immune reactions or any process that deprives the cells of oxygen and other nutrients.

There is an obscure condition (oncogenic osteomalacia) in which one or more chromosomes responsible for regulating serum phosphate levels becomes defective. I suspect that this could be the result of exposure to a mutagen like lead, causing a hereditary mutation. Without adequate serum phosphate levels vitamin D conversion becomes significantly impaired, if not impossible. There have been many recent studies correlating vitamin D deficiency with many of the conditions that have been disproportionately diagnosed in the GWS community.

This condition is quite rare and should be fairly easy to screen. The telltale labs would be alkaline phosphatase and serum phosphate.

[** the study conducted by the staff of the Biology Department of the University of Barcelona clearly demonstrated that aspartame which was labeled with carbon 14 isotope was transformed into formaldehyde in the bodies of the living specimens and when they were examined later, the radioactive tagged formaldehyde was spread throughout the vital organs of their bodies]

Last edited by specialdelivery; 05-21-2007 at 06:21 AM.

Closed Thread