It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Military Health Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2002, 10:17 PM   #1

joncarol92 HB User
Post Is Autisum A Symptom of Gulf War Syndrome

My husband and I have gone wondered for years if he has Gulf War Syndrome, but of course when he does all the tests they say that there isn't anything really wrong with him, he is just getting "older." It has been several years since we last went round with this Syndrome, and things have gone on, and he is still in good healt, so we let it go.

Now we have a new problem. Our oldest daughter is a Gulf War Baby. She was one of the last war babies born at FT, Bragg, CA. Well, to make a long storie somewhat short, we started noticing things from birth that made us think she was a bit differant from the rest of the kids. When she was younger we just thought she was "sensitive," but this past year things started getting really out of hand. We went to doctor after doctor trying to find some reason for her behavior. We finally got the answer we were looking for. She has what is called Asperger Syndrome, it is a form of Autism.

Today, my husband went to the VA to find some results of some tests they had done. We started talking about our daughter having Autism, and she told us it was quite common for Gulf War Kids to be autistic. In everything I have ever read about it, I don't remember ever seeing anything on it, but it has been a while since I was really up on the Gulf War Syndrome, and I wasn't that interested in the kids at that time because I thought we had two perfectly normal kids, and it never crossed my mind until now to see if maybe that is where the Autism came from.

Carol

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-27-2002, 07:25 PM   #2

NavyJAG HB User
Take it from me. Almost all Gulf War Kids have autisim. It's just a matter of when it strikes. Autism is not so bad in itself. It's the fact that biological weapons are what caused your child to be different. I'd invite you to check out websites that include desert storm. Within the next four months or so, you'll see shots of Gulf War Kids taken over the course of the past 10 years.

Autism in some. Missing limbs in others.

Old 11-02-2002, 06:02 PM   #3

NavyJAG HB User
There are two law firms involved in litigation where the service member is sick from his vaccines. The same website displays lawsuits involving autistic Gulf War kids.

Check it out by using a search engine on the Internet. The name of the law firm is Law Offices of Shawn Khorrami in Van Nuys, CA. Co-counsel is Waters & Krause, formerly Baron & Budd, P.C. personal injury/toxic tort law firm in Dallas, TX.

Old 11-13-2002, 06:52 AM   #4

oh_tracie HB User
Hi Carol!
My hubby is a Gulf War vet as well and our son has autism. At nearly four years old, he cannot talk and has been determined to have developmental delays. The last set of tests revealed that he is at the 16-18 month old level developmentally for everything but speech, which is that of a 12-14 month old.
Tracie

Closed Thread