It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Military Health Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2002, 05:23 PM   #1

k-mac HB User
Post Back from the dead with more ????

I hve been away from the board since August with a new round of feeling lousy. I was wondering if any one else is haveing headaches so bad that they have seizures? My Dr got to see me in action in one of these and has finally sent me to a neurologist. Is there any other doctor I should ask him to send me to? I have good insurance, so the cost is not a factor. Would appreciate any help given. Found my military medical records and can date exactely when the migraines started which I think will help when I try to confront the VA yet again. Any ideas would be helpful! Thanks

Old 12-08-2002, 08:58 PM   #2

NavyJAG HB User
You can try SPEC scans and the like. But your best bet would be to temporarily get those headaches under control.

If you can't find a doctor to prescribe the real stuff for migraines (and they're NOT migraines, they're cluster headaches caused by changing weather patterns and levels of pollution), then you might want to try some over-the-counter severe sinus headache antihistamines. God help you if you are a heart patient and can't tolerate antihistamines.

If you have a halfway decent doctor, perhaps you can convince him to give you some Midrin, not that half-baked generic stuff called Duradrin.

If your doctor does give you these prescriptions, cut the sugar. Give up cokes, sugar drinks, sugar baked goods, sugar or Nutra-Sweet everything. Sugar and sugar substitutes except for saccharin are POISON.

Give honey, brown sugar, apple juice, apple sauce and beet sugar a chance.

Just as I did, you can waste your money on MRIs, CT scans and "shock" tests for Multiple Schlerosis. But chances are, you are poisoned just like the rest of us veterans. And you just need to give your body a break.

Those migraines (cluster headaches) will never stop. Because basically you have "altitude" disease. Deep-sea divers get the bends and muscle cramps in their brains when they "come up" too quickly.

Hikers of mountains develop muscle exhaustion and cramps when they failed to accilmatize themselves to the change of oxygen that goes with altitude.

I understand you probably don't think you have these problems since you live in the Great Midwest. But, believe me, I'm an OLD-timer Gulf War vet. I have Internet friends in your neck of the woods. And they've got the same "deep-sea diver bends" that I do, living right here near Mexico on the Gulf Coast, and working really close to the Mexico border.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread