It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Military Health Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2002, 11:22 AM   #1

pburgbeanie HB User
Cool Mysterious Illnesses

Hi everyone. I am not a GWV. I have however done some reading lately. Have any of you come across anything regarding aspartame and any of your illnesses or complaints or symptoms?

I am a diabetic and was looking on the net for information one day and probably searched on aspartame. I came across a bunch of sites telling of the "evils" of aspartame. I don't know what is true and what isn't anymore.

One of the stories that occurred over and over again was of GWVs with mysterious illnesses that these website owners believe was caused by them ingesting diet sodas that were heated in the desert sun well over 86 degrees F.

If any of you have heard about this or want to email me any information, my email is [removed].com. I am really interested to see if anyone else has heard of this or believes it. Let me know. Thanks.

Hi please read the board guidelines.
Messages may not offer personal contact information.
Please do not post your email address.
All discussions on the boards, only, for all to share.
Thank you! ]

[This message has been edited by moderator2 (edited 09-13-2002).]

Old 10-01-2002, 04:56 PM   #2

NavyJAG HB User
There's no relationship between aspartame and the "cause" of GWI, based on the numbers. The reason is many vets who suffer from GWI never served in the Gulf. Even the government states in a fashion, that vets who never deployed (as of 1993) are showing up sick in the same numbers as vets who deployed.

The numbers are skewed. And the government stopped keeping track after 1993. Many vets had died before 1993. Many vets had not realized they were sick as of 1993. Others were afraid of losing their careers and hid the fact that they were sick well beyond 1993.

The only common factor among all sick veterans is their vaccines.

However, aspartame can act like a toxin or a poison in individuals whose hormones and chemistry makeup have been altered. A person with diabetes has a severe hormonal imbalance. Insulin is as much a hormone as seratonin (happiness) and melatonin (sleep capability) so severely lacking in us sick veterans.

I preach avoidance therapy. Never drink soft drinks with sugar or with aspartame. Drink soft drinks sweetened with saccarin. Diet R/C or Diet Rite are a couple. They don't taste as good. But they don't make you as sick either.

I don't drink soft drinks at all. But what I like to do when I'm really thirsty for something besides water, which nauseates me, or iced tea, which makes me nervous after the third glass, is a fruit juice spritzer. I sqeeze my own citrus fruits and pour on the Club Soda and crushed ice. You can re-balance electrolytes with the stuff. Add it to cranberry juice and it'll help your kidneys and urinary tract.

Give it a try. If it works for a vet, it'll work for a diabetic.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-11-2002, 07:35 PM   #3

Trippster1 HB User
hmm

Closed Thread