It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Military Health Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2002, 08:37 PM   #1

CWHITE HB User
Question Question

I was going to do a report on the Gulf War for my history class when I found some information about Gulf War Syndrome. I asked my mom about it when I got home and she said she believed it, I had never heard about I guess because I'm only in High School, but it got me curious. What exactly is it? Also, I read that the government doesn't believe its real, what is the governments stand on it? Thanks for all your help.

Old 12-12-2002, 06:45 PM   #2

NavyJAG HB User
Best place to start is:
Go back one page to the Message Menu. Select the "Resource Links" on the blue bar at the top of the Gulf War Syndrome menu.

Read what the gov. and edu. says. Then read what others are saying.

Gulf War Syndrome is not a single illness. It's an umbrella of diseases, manmade and otherwise, that affect each soldier or sailor or Marine differently because each one's immune system responds to disease differently.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-12-2002, 08:06 PM   #3

NavyJAG HB User
My second greatest resource for finding medication to treat my Gulf War Syndrome is the Army Special Forces Medical Handbook by Paladin Press. My version is 1998. It lists almost every single bio-weapon the U.S. sold to Iraq during the Iran-Iraq War. It also lists Symptoms and Plans of Treatments.

My favorite part is the section that explains what soldiers and Marines should do if exposed to a bio-chem warfare area. And we didn't do ANY of those things during the Gulf War.

I'm betting my dollar that we won't do it during the approaching Gulf War, either. That's because our attention span is about 10 minutes long. And we've never learned a single thing based on experiences from previous wars, since World War II (the way, way, way, bygone era of battle).

Closed Thread