It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Military Health Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2003, 08:46 PM   #1

marion316 HB User
Question gulf war syndrome

MY HUSBAND HAS HAD SYMPTOMS FOR ALMOST 11 YEARS,AND WE ARE JUST NOW LEARNING THAT IT COULD BE GWS.HE HAS:PROFUSE SWEATING,SEVERE TIREDNESS AND FATIGUE,SMALL WHITE BUMPS WHICH NEVER POP,AND SKIN RASHES THAT BURN,ITCH,AND BUST OPEN AND DRAIN WATER OR PUS.WE ALSO HAD A STILLBORN CHILD THAT THE CAUSE WAS NEVER DETERMINED.WE CALLED AND HE HAS HIS FIRST APPT.AT THE VA HOSPITAL NEXT FRIDAY.BESIDES TAKING ALL THE MEDICAL RECORDS AND SERVICE PAPERS WITH US,DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE NEXT STEP IS OR WHAT ELSE WE SHOULD DO?ANY HELP OR REPLYS WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

Old 04-01-2003, 08:56 PM   #2

rickytallman HB User
well i dont know what to do but, im going to go through the same thing soon and was hoping to find out what steps you have done. thanks for your time

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2003, 09:27 PM   #3

marion316 HB User
Talking

SO FAR WE HAVE ONLY CALLED 1-800-749-8387.THEY WILL GIVE YOU THE PHONE NUMBER TO THE NEAREST VA MEDICAL HOSPITAL NEAR YOU,THEN YOU CALL THEM AND MAKE AN APPT.YOU WILL NEED ALL PAST MEDICAL RECORDS AND YOUR SERVICE PAPERS(COPIES ARE FINE).THAT IS HOW WE HAVE GOTTEN STARTED SO FAR.JUST TELL THEM THAT ABOUT YOUR SYMPTOMS AND THAT YOU THINK THEY MAY BE RELATED TO GWS.GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND GOD BLESS!!

Old 04-01-2003, 09:52 PM   #4

jhch6 HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by marion316:
SO FAR WE HAVE ONLY CALLED 1-800-749-8387.THEY WILL GIVE YOU THE PHONE NUMBER TO THE NEAREST VA MEDICAL HOSPITAL NEAR YOU,THEN YOU CALL THEM AND MAKE AN APPT.YOU WILL NEED ALL PAST MEDICAL RECORDS AND YOUR SERVICE PAPERS(COPIES ARE FINE).THAT IS HOW WE HAVE GOTTEN STARTED SO FAR.JUST TELL THEM THAT ABOUT YOUR SYMPTOMS AND THAT YOU THINK THEY MAY BE RELATED TO GWS.GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND GOD BLESS!!
I just had my Gulf war registry physical, 6 weeks ago. You just get basic blood tests. Go over symptoms with health care person etc. My health care person told me that she had no doubt that my symptoms were from my service in the Gulf area. 6 weeks later that persons supervisor looks over the result and says there is no detectible medical problems resulting from the gulf war service. I would open a claim with your veterans service officer if you think this results from your service. It will take forever. Get all medical records and be seen by a Dr. with current and past problems. It depends on who believes you or not. Do research on the internet and educate yourself also. Good luck!!!!

Closed Thread