It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Military Health Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2008, 04:31 PM   #1
(female)

vsl04 HB User
medical discharge

myhusband was told he had osteochondroma which is bone tumor.. doctors are considering surgery but are still in doubt.. my has pain especially when he does sudden fast or constent movemnet could he get medical discharged.?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-24-2008, 07:15 AM   #2
(female)

ladyt24 HB User
Re: medical discharge

He would have to go through a MEB review or PEB process in order for that to happen. Which service is your husband in, because that does make a difference? Standards vary depending on the military service and specific career field, MOS or job requirements. The Army and Marines may be more reluctanct to push service members through the MEB or PEB process because of retention rates and the current demand for troops to support the ongoing war demands. I would recommend doing some research on the MEB and PEB process specific to your husbands military service. Your husband should try to work with his chain of command to get whatever it is that he needs, as that will probably get him the best results. However, if your husband feels that he is unfit for duty and his chain of command seems reluctant to take him through the MEB or PEB process he may want to contact his local Congressional Represntatives for assistance. Additionally, before going through that process you might want to talk to a local VSO (Veteran Service Officer) in your local area. Most VSOs offer free services and will assist in obtaining benefits through the VA, they would not be able to assist with the MEB process, but would be able to advise on whether or not it is more beneficial for you to accept MEB benefits packages, VA disability, or both.

I hope this help. Let me know if you have anymore questions or if this information was helpful. Good Luck!

Last edited by moderator2; 07-24-2008 at 08:46 AM. Reason: posted disallowed website(s)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread