It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Military Health Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2008, 08:49 AM   #1
(male)

Joe27 HB User
General Info

Hi

Have just stumbled over this site so thought I'd pitch in and ask for some views. I am an Infantry soldier serving in the Brittish Army in a Scottish regiment. I have recently been diagnoised with severe kidney failure which came froma rare blood disorder called "vascalites". This condition is not genetic, so I assume that i caught/contracted this through my Army service.

I have been deployed to both Gulf wars (1991/2003) and other operational areas, had numerous jags, exposed to burning oil fields, buildings, chemicals etc etc.

Since I've only ever worked for the Army(28years) I'am holding them responsible for my condition.

I would welcome any comments

Regards

Joe

Old 10-30-2008, 11:51 PM   #2
(male)

tossthepickle HB User
Re: General Info

I wish more people would stumble across this site!

I wasn't in the first gulf war or the most recent but in 98 I was deployed ot Kuwait. I spent all my time in the field but never was exposed to any type of warfare that I know of. I have read through alot of these post and alot of the symptoms others seem to be experiencing I am as well..... My doctors can never tell me what is wrong and I always seem to get a different answers.

I wish I could be of more help! It seems to me that just about everyone sent over there is coming down with something. Because I was never exposed to any war fare I am more apt to believe that my/our problems are more related to the crap they forced us to take as a "precaution"....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread